Acura TSX Forum banner

Rear brake pads wear faster?

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Shawnmicheal 
#1 ·
I have 30,000 miles on my 2010 TSX. Just got my brakes inspected and the report says fronts are 10/32 thick and rears are 5/32 thick. Does the faster wear rate on rear brake pads mean there is a problem that needs to be addressed?

#3 ·
rear brake pads aren't always the same thickness when new. could be case with those

and yes, rear pads will usually need changed before the front

#4 ·
Weird. Had the opposite outcome. I feel like they do less braking force & work. But you should be fine as long as they didn't identify any issues while doing it.
Don't drive around with your hand brake on :D jk

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
Dealer?

Thanks to all who put my mind at ease. I'll start putting pennies in a jar for rear brakes this fall. I've been reading some comments that the dealer is the wrong place to get it done, but I've been tending to have the dealer do things that are critical to safety. Am I wrong?

#10 ·
Dealer is only good for free work provided by warranty, IMO. They're over priced, under performers... always. Never have they done me right, whether it be.. Chevy, Honda, Acura, VW... all a joke. Lack of respect, don't perform work correctly, damage vehicle, etc...

Just use a local, trusted mechanic

#12 ·
just buy them yourself off of rockauto .com and take them with you
-centric premium rotors
-acdelco ceramic pads

best value you can get. no noise. no dust. durable as can be

#14 ·
Well My back shields used out around 40k kilometers, front side I didn't change until around 65k kilometers. So yes, the back pad would wear out faster than the top side. Nothing to be involved about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.