Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,

i drive a honda accord cl7 and want to know if the rear brake system is the same like in the acura tsx.

because here in germany we have the problem that the rear brake system is getting static. so the brakes are working all the time. i hope you know what i mean. some guys here have to change the brakes every 25000 km (~15000 miles).

the only solution is to open the brakes once a year to clean the system. do you have the same problem on the tsx? if not, could someone explain the difference between the tsx and the accord brake system! :)

edit: oh sry, i see its the wrong area.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
By "getting static" I am assuming you mean that the rear calipers are seizing and wearing out the pads (and rotors!) prematurely.

Honda/Acura has it in their maintenance schedule to service the brakes on every second service interval (for me that would be every 16,000km / 10,000 miles). By servicing, they mean removing the caliper sliders, cleaning them, lubricating them with the appropriate brake caliper lubricant, and replacing them. Also cleaning/lubricating the "tabs" on the ends of the brake pads and where these tabs touch the stainless shims on the caliper. Lastly, lubricate the back of the pads VERY lightly so they don't seize to the caliper piston or the floating caliper.

I tend to do this every spring as the winter (salt, constant dampness) is hard on the brakes. I free them up, lube and clean them, and they seem to last!

·
Registered
350 Posts
If the pads are being hammered into place, they could drag and use prematurely.

Use a file on the portion were the backplate slide on the stainless shims so they can mounth easily without using excessive force.

Other then that, Curls is dead on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts