Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my gf's 05 TSX, there is negative camber in the rear. the suspension is stock. she bought the car used a few months ago. to me it seems like the car was for daily driving and a lot of highway driving was done.

there's inner camber wear on the tires.

has anyone else had this issue?

should i do an alignment to correct the issue, assuming it can be corrected without a camber kit, or should get the camber kit first then do the alignment?

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
have it checked out by a mechanic ...u possibly need an alignment....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'll have her do that but is possible to get it to the correct camber without a camber kit?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
you cannot adjust the camber without a kit.

there's a tsb on this, where Acura says I think the right upper camber arm can
be replaced? I don't think it covers both.

buying and installing an Ingall's rear camber kit on the car before the alignment
would certainly not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i'm gonna get an alignment done before i get a camber kit and i'll also see if Acura will still honour the TSB about the camber arm. might change the shocks out first as the car has 180,000 kms.

·
Registered
138 Posts
bumping this real quick. My car has stock suspension as well but the camber wear on the rear is pretty bad. To the OP, did you get your alignment yet? Did you end up buying the camber kit? It sucks that the camber isn't adjustable from the factory. I'm probably going to have to buy the kit real soon anyway.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, New York
4,104 Posts
The camber kit isn't too much. I damaged my camber and needed to get a camber kit when installing tein basics. So on stock its not a bad option but its poor on acuras part for not already including it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts