Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear deck speakers on my 2005 TSX stopped working. The front and rear door speakers still work. Are the 6x9 bass speakers powered by a seperate amp?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes they are bass speakers, no they do not have a separate amp. Did you recently change any speakers? When I changed mine I had speakers occasionally stop working intermittently for a week or so... But the problem fixed itself. I'm not exactly sure why but I'm guessing the amp was "disturbed" somehow by the change in speakers.

I changed my speakers 1 set at a time over the course of a couple years... All 3 times I had speakers quit working for a while afterwards. I think twice the rear deck stopped working and 1 time the rear doors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any aftermarket 6x9 will work for the rear deck speakers. If you end up wanting to replace the door speakers. Fyi you will have to buy and wiring kit and speaker adapters

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of installing line out converters
The rear deck speakers on my 2005 TSX stopped working. The front and rear door speakers still work. Are the 6x9 bass speakers powered by a seperate amp?

on the rear speaker wires, and installing an amp in the trunk to power new 6×9 woofers. The sound output of the present deck speakers is so low, that I wonder if something is wrong with the signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Jxnchef
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing