Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ALL*CAL
461 Posts
Your arrow is actually pointing to a LATCH point. This is where child car seats clip/anchor on to the vehicle, if the child car seat is so equipped. If you reach your finger into the space under the arrow, you should feel a loop. There should be 4 of these button indicators with 4 accompanying loops.

I actually don't think you're missing a clip, or anything for that matter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 3pedal. i just called acura and ordered the part (child seat latch anchor). apparently it was a problem with the 04's, and so there is a TSB issued for it. Hopefully its the right piece.

·
ALL*CAL
461 Posts
Keep us updated!

I have an '04 and have never heard of this TSB. I thought these LATCH points were welded to the frame of the car, or at best maybe they're bolted on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE for those who search for this topic in the future

So this is indeed called a "child seat latch marker", and it indicates where the latches are. There is a TSB on it because it has been known to fall off on most acura models. They replace it under warranty, and most dealerships should replace it under 'good faith'. Unfortunately, the dealership I went to decided not to. If you want to order the part directly, you need to order a whole pack of random accessories, which is 35 bucks and comes with 30 other little buttons and pins and whatnot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts