Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im working with an 05 auto with 79k. entire suspension is stock. last summer replaced the rear camber arms to correct alignment. car passed alignment. issue i have had since i bought the car last year with 74k. the rear suspension when driving on the highway when i hit a soft dip in the road and the rear suspension would squat down and jerk the car to the right or left, cant tell.

if i find a back road with a speed hump and i drive over it slightly fast the rear suspension squats like it should but no jerking to right or left.

at first i thought it was the rear swaybar because it could slide from side to side so i used hose clamps on the inside of the center bushings. now the swaybar is checked off my list.

runing out of ideas. checked the rear upper balljoints and they feel tight. i eve thought it might be a blown strut but when i push down on any corner its tight..

any ideas would be helpful. :tardsmash

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are tight. i would love to disconnect the rsb but the endlinks would have to be cut off. if that would be the likely culpret i have no problem cutting them off but i dont want to start throwing parts on the car for no reason

· Registered
1,046 Posts
Just take the wheel off and give them a tug to see if there is any play before thinking about removing them. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. Also push down on each rear corner to see if one has more excessive bounce than the other.

Edit, what type of camber arms did you get? You mean the ingalls camber/toe arms? Perhaps the mechanic did not tighten them down enough during alignment and is now off spec after loosening.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny you say to push down on each corner because ive pushed down on all four corners and its all tight. the front i can barely push down on and the rear i can push down a little but no extra bounce anywhere.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got back for the alignment shop. turns out the rear trailering arm bushings are worn. i know the arms are easy to change but never swapped out the bushings on the rear knuckles. anyone have a diy or experience on the front lower bushings on the rear knuckles?

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well heres an update. new kyb struts all around. new lca's up front, an alignment and still the car shackes from side to side when going over a soft dip on the highway. wondering if the springs could be causing the sponginess on the highway. if so i may upgrade to h&r springs.

· Registered
874 Posts
may need to upgrade the rear sway bar...if you buy a TL-S one it should only be lik 60-65 shipped and its a good upgrade, you'd be surprised how much of a difference that could make <-- i know you checked it of the list but could be worth a shot.
stock springs should be ok but H&R are good too.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think ill disconnect the rsb and go for a ride to see how it handles the dips. if so im upgrading the rsb. personally id rather swap a sway bar than disassemble the struts again for springs even thought it would lower and improve the handling im not interested in track driving the car. i have another veh for that..

· Registered
12 Posts
I have a stock 04 tsx. Put new yoko envigor. Balance & aligned. Compliance bushings were replaced before align. Now I am having the same problem you are having. With the old tires Yoko AS430 no problems. I could let go the steering wheel & travel 2 miles on the highway without correcting, straight as an arrow.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone heard of stock springs becoming weak.think the front left spring is weaker than the others causing my issue.this is the only theory left. talked to dealers and had them check everything out with 0 issues found.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well as some of the members on here know i bought a set of h&r springs, installed them and quickly took them right off to sell without really trying them out. glad they did not sell because i reinstalled them and trimmed the bumpstops. could not be happier with the ride. think when i originally installed them i never trimmed the bump stops causing some bouncyness. now the car feels planted on the road. highway speeds are stable. turning has less body roll. anf this is with kyb replacement struts. planning on using them for about a year them ordering some bilsteins to compliment the german springs..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.