Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have some noise coming from my driver's side rear suspension. It only makes a creeking sound when I go over bumps. Otherwise it doesn't make the noise. Its quite annoying and only is on the drivers side. The passanger side does not make the noise. I have megan adjustable upper control arms and neuspeed lowering springs. I just wanted to see if you had any ideas of how to make it stop? I just find it really annoying, it doesn't hurt performance or safety.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well easy fix...the da at the repair shop that put in my adj. control arms didn't tighten the bolt that goes into the car. the nut was hand loose, tighened and problem fixed.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
fubar, mine just started this creeking sound a few days ago.. my sound seem to be coming from top of the rear suspension on the passenger side.

I had lube up the rear sway bushing... anything else to check ?

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
mine was the rear sway bar, I would just spray it with the lube I bought at the pepboys and it would disappear. but it would come back again during/after rain, assuming water washes the lube away =/

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
I'm 100% sure its not the sway bar, mid week I remove the bushing and lube it and I have moog end links, and I lube those up too.

So I actually remove the seats and every time I go over a bump, I hear the creek from the top of the suspension..

I have about 60K on these suspension, they're aspec ones..

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
or it could be the rubber rings the goes in between the spring the shock itself? because at one point I thought it could be coming from there. The rubber on mine does look out of place and it seems like the spring has a little contact with the shocks (metals rubbing).

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Mine still looks new, but looks can be deciving... I did a little test, i rub some grease, probably a bad thing ? on it and let work it in (behind the seat). Drove it around today, sound is gone...

So now I debate on replacing those rubber pieces.. maybe the shocks are bad too ? I put in the ASpec suspension around 70k, cars at 130k, you think its time to do some cleaning ?

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Im not sure about the whole shocks going bad since I just got my coilovers not long ago so I have no experience dealing with it.

I guess you could do is lift the car and take a look at the rubber, if its off then you could align it properly or if its worn out then replace it. Thats how I would do it to see if the noise will disappear for good. Just gotta look for out of the ordinary then fix it and hope that that is the one.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
rain this whole week.. prob next weekend ill drop the one side out and take a few pics for you guys to eval.. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts