Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so lately my rear suspension both sides, it sounds like its coming from my suspension, is clunking really bad. it happens during everything. so it happens basically when the rear end moves up or down. I'll try and post a video later on tonight. any ideas as to what might be wrong?

car is basically stock with about 60k mileage almost.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I'm putting money on it being the rear sway bar endlinks as well. They are common to go on most cars, and luckily, they're cheap, and, easy to replace yourself if you have a 5mm allen wrench and a 14 or 17mm wrench (I can't remember which).

Being in Chicago, you might have rust issues on the allen heads. In that case, blast the nuts off with an impact gun, or take it in -- the charge will probably be 1hr labour in total for both sides.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Oh, and to check if its the endlinks, grab it with one hand and see if there is any play. If there is, that's definitely the culprit. They should be 100% solid -- any play means there is wear and that translates to a CLUNK noise any time the suspension flexes.
You can access them with the car on the ground and you don't have to jack it up or remove a wheel.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've finally taken my car in for an oil change and the mech said its probably the rear sway bar end links. Thanks guys!

Any clues as to where I should get the end links? local auto store, ebay, etc,.

Also, are these end links hard to install? (My expriences: painted my stock wheels, worked with friend installing injen intake, and changed cabin air filter)

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
You can get 'em at any parts store, and most are of 'decent' quality.
L or R, doesn't matter. I'd replace 'em both anyways.

You can do this yourself with a 5mm allen key, and a wrench set. Plus the ability to remove your rear wheels after jacking up the car and using jackstands under it.

If you want to save 1/2 of the cost, crawl on your back and grab the endlink -- it's about 5" long(?). Has a round cylinder thing on each end, and it's oriented vertically. It's attached to the sway bar on one end and the suspension (bottom of shock) on the other. Grab firmly and try to move it. If there's ANY play, that one is bad. Replace. If you only need one, buy only that one for now... unless you want to replace 'em both for peace of mind.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Any clues as to where I should get the end links? local auto store, ebay, etc,.
You can try any local part store, you can pick it up for $30 per side. Well at least that the price here up north... I got the "Moog" brand from Napa and they dont require a hex key to install.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I only changed my driver's side endlink when it failed. I installed a Moog unit from AdvanceAuto. The driver's side and passenger side are not identical, they are mirror images of each other. Remember this when ordering/installing.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
yeah I got moog also.. they're so much stronger than stock.. i end up keeping a spare in case they break off..

you can get them off amazon also, 21 bucks..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts