Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as some of you know I stripped the allen bolts when installing my TL type S RSB into my TSX, thanks for all the help to everyone who chimed in, so got new endlinks and went with OEM,because i got the OEM ones I was pondering on how to prevent the allen stripping problem in a future thats being caused by the seized nut and I think i came up with a solution. now I wont know how well this will work until the next time I have to work on the RSB, but in theory it sounds pretty good to me. Since the seized nut is caused by the weather I decided to cover it up using this.

3/8 in. Rubber Screw Protectors (2-Pack)-78088 at The Home Depot

I greased up the threads with this first

Buy Permatex Anti-Seize Lubricant 81343 at Advance Auto Parts

then put a dab more of the anti seize grease into the rubber caps and put the caps on the endlink threads after torquing everything down to specs. Now theoretically this should stop the threads on the bolt from corroding, rusting, seizing and the rubber caps are just an extra step i decided to take to make sure that none of that will take place. let me know what you guys think.

the whole mod cost me $5.54, its better to spend the extra $5 rather than buying a set of new endlinks for $40-$75

~De5

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty cool ! How do you like the sway bar?
McDonalds Bro "Im Lovin' It" lol, rear end feels so much better on turns, it feels more sturdy and solid kinda hard to explain but you can definitely tell there is improvement in turning. if you ever want a cheap mod this is definitely it as long as you can get your RSB off without messing up your endlinks.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Ill put it to you this way, my buddy works at honda as a tech. When I asked him the best way to get the endlinks off this was his exact response: "Vise grips on the back and an impact gun on the front, and if that doesnt work we just cut them"

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
^ this is a additional preventive step that i am hoping will eleiminate the need to vice grip, cut. I dont even know how well it will work yet so its all theorytical.
Easy...do not get OEM's. Replaced OEM once and in less then 12 months...the new were just as bad as the ones I removed. Get fastline and save yourself time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.