Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I purchased J Power rear camber kits. Installed, and after 2 alignments still camber wear. The last place said the kit was maxed out. Please any suggestions? Is my car too too low? See pics below. I am open to any and all ideas. Should i get a third opinion to see if maybe the installation was incorrect or to see if the kit is indeed maxed out? I can't get the upper ball joint kits since it would be too much of a hassle with the rusted and seized bolts. HELP!!

·
Jeff
902 Posts
How much camber are you running after alignment? I was lower than what youre pictures show and my camber wear is nonexistent, although I do have an Ingalls kit. Maybe the camber wear came from before you installed your Jpower kit?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much camber are you running after alignment? I was lower than what youre pictures show and my camber wear is nonexistent, although I do have an Ingalls kit. Maybe the camber wear came from before you installed your Jpower kit?
Hello and thanks for the quick response. I have to find my alignment summary. The camber wear was after lowering. This is my 3rd set of rear tires that have gone bad. You can also see a bit how the rear tires slightly slant in person. Not sure if I should get the Ingalls. It shouldn't be a difference as the J Power offer the same degree of alignment. But then again who knows. At this point i think my best bet is to take it elsewhere to find out if it was installed right and to see if it was really maxed out.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have Jpower as well. -3.0 deg rear camber (looks like more though), factory toe (-.20 deg I think) and also looks like way more. About as low as you but I have pretty bad toe wear. New tires are already feathering from the center, in.

I'm wondering if the alignment computers can't compensate for a modified suspension?

Here's to form vs function... This is obviously not a suspension to lower without huge amounts of modification.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Doesn't look like you are very low at all. How fast are your tires wearing? I would probably bring your car to an alignment shop that has experience working on lowered cars and have them double check the installation on the camber kit and alignment specs. I'm a little lower than you and running -2 degree of camber in the rear and 0 toe all around. I've put about 20k km and don't have any signs of abnormal tire wear.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I think there is something else going on. Maybe the JPowers are garbage for adjustment capability?
I'm lower than that and have no uneven wear on Ingalls. Maybe the guys don't know how to use the kit properly? :/
If the kit works the same as ingalls, you should NOT be getting toe wear if they are adjusted properly (and are capable of the range).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think there is something else going on. Maybe the JPowers are garbage for adjustment capability?
I'm lower than that and have no uneven wear on Ingalls. Maybe the guys don't know how to use the kit properly? :/
If the kit works the same as ingalls, you should NOT be getting toe wear if they are adjusted properly (and are capable of the range).

Works the same as ingalls as far as I can tell. I stood basically under the rack with the tech as he adjusted it.

Do you have the spec sheet after your alignment?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doesn't look like you are very low at all. How fast are your tires wearing? I would probably bring your car to an alignment shop that has experience working on lowered cars and have them double check the installation on the camber kit and alignment specs. I'm a little lower than you and running -2 degree of camber in the rear and 0 toe all around. I've put about 20k km and don't have any signs of abnormal tire wear.
I agree. I think my best bet would be bringing it to get aligned again somewhere else. I remember them specifically saying that i still had some bad camber because they were maxed out. You could even see the tire lean a bit. That's why i ruled out the toe. I know toe is the number 1 tire killer but I already knew my toe was in spec. Honestly I'm just scared to have to pay for an alignment, and have them tell me it's maxed out and then have to sped even more buying an upper ball joint kit like the SPC.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My car is just as low as you are if not lower and I have no problems, lowered on Teins and Ingalls camber kit. Strange why you're getting such bad wear...your toe doesn't look too bad at all.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is hilarious. I go to Mr. Goma tires too! I cant vouch for their alignment work because I've only gotten my tires stretched there. But I have a Skunk2 front camber kit and an eBay rear camber kit with no problems. They are really nice people and even have a complimentary fridge for the customers :)

I tried seeing it in the picture but I cant tell. Looks to me like you have cheap tires with old rubber. Make sure you look at the production date of the tires before you buy them because old tires wear out a lot faster. If thats not the case then you probably have a broken toe. Also, I dont think youre that low to be having this big of a problem with it. You should consider getting bigger wheels though if you are planning on staying that ride height.

I keep seeing new MR lowered TSXs in my area.... I thought I was the only one....

·
Registered
856 Posts
Camber wears tires unevenly and sooner than normal.
Brilliant. .

Camber is not going to wear your tire at a rate that would have OP creating a thread about it. Let alone at those specs.

Anyway, that's more toe than I would run (close to 0 as possible).

Pics of said tire wear? Nothing explains what you're talking about yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.