Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, if there's one thing I'm unhappy with in my new TSX its the turn signals on the rear view mirrors. They blink orange and than bugs the hell out of me... it just doesnt match my carbon gray and black, monochromatic sensibilities. Anyone have experience, I'm interested in changed these lights, bulbs or the plastic cover to a white or clear color - whatever needs done. Just to get rid of that ugly color.. although I'm sure its probably just the bulb that's orange.

Can anyone recommend a good source to find tsx aftermarket parts online.. I'm totally new to this racket of customizing cars and I want to make sure I'm buying the right thing. =)

Thanks.

<edited>

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Don't know the answers, but I'm sure other people will. If it was me, first thing I'd do is ask my Acura parts department. And I'd also ask on here, and do some googling.

BTW he means the side mirrors, of course.

Most people think those turn signals are great, in both function and look. And whether they match or not is subjective. I have the exact same color combo, and I think those blinkers look great, both when they're blinking and when they're just sitting there.

But of course it's in the eye of the beholder. I love Tony's sig: "Don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it." Do your thing, csnoke!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh.. the parts department is a good idea. I know when I was looking at Jettas they had an official parts magazine....

I googled it but didn't find much.... sides, you guys are the expets here right?

How often do you turn your turn signal on and get out and watch it blink... I've done it a few times, I dunno man, I jutst prefer the white elegenace. :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
csnoke said:
.....I dunno man, I just prefer the white elegance. :)
You know, you might be right. I've never thought about it because I think they're great the way they are -- and mainly I just like that the feature is there at all. I sort of just took "orange" for granted. But they might be even better in white.

And above all: "Don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it." :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
larchmont said:
And above all: "Don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it." :D
Oh I agree with that totally, I'm the one cutting that check every month - I'm sure as hell the one who's going to decide what it looks like.

I found this a bit ago on acuratsx.com

FAQs parts, parts numbers, lights/bulbs, etc

Notes & FAQ

Q. What about the mirror turn signals?
A. The mirror turn signal LEDs are built into the assembly and cannot be replaced without opening the lens. The mirror light piece (part number 34300-SEA-003) retails for 49.56 if you attempt and screw up.

The attached image is of the exploded light assembly, you can see that this unit appears to be one piece. It'll be interesting to see if others are made and if not, how hard it'll be to replace the LEDs.

Attachments

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Don't try to attempt, as I posted in different forum. I've tried already, I thought it be simple by changing a bulb, but it's actually the whole led thing. I've tried it and I broke my mirror, it wasn't going up or down. It's fixed now, I didn't pay a penny. Warranty!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm.. interesting.

I may still attempt this. I'd like to take a look at it and see how hard it would be to remove and install the LED.

:)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Dum de dum dum......DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :eek:

Or, like we say at the horror flicks......."Don't go in there!!!!!" :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
larchmont said:
THIEF!! :p :p

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Sorry, I've explored all possible lighting upgrades/modifications without requiring the use of serious work (ala wiring splicing, cutting, removing of OEM installed color filters etc). There are 2 locations that cannot be changed. (1) Side mirrors/rear view mirrors and (2) Front headlight turn signals.

Side Mirrors/Rear View Mirror

This uses a single row LED array assembly, should one of the LEDs blow/fuse, the entire row needs to be replaced. Honda has a specific assembly designed for this for a single plug-n-play swap. I wouldn't attempt to unsolder/resolder each single LED just for a color change. What's wrong with the OEM ones anyway? If anything, that's perhaps one of the best features I like about this car.

Front Headlight Turn Signals

The yellow piece is part of the entire lighting assembly, not unless you attempt to have it removed it's gonna be yellow without cause. Honda should have put in a clear lense to remain the Euro look but that didn't seem the case. It seems like the current trend of Hondas with a high focus on safety and compliance are moving towards having that in place perhaps to prevent people changing colors with a simple bulb swap unlike the previous generations.

While all the rest of the bulbs including the HIDs can be upgraded/changed to other colors without much issues. All you need is to get the correct bulb type/size.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
So it looks like y'all will just have to learn to love the orange.

What the hey, it probably has vitamin C.

FWIW I do think it looks great, including with that color combo (CG/Ebony) which is the same that I have, and as far as I can remember FWIW it seems that by far most other people think it's great too.

Not that you should care -- remember Tony's sig! :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I say leave it. It makes it easier for people behind you to see as well... (yes, people behind you can see the yellow)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts