Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do (keep the TSX or get an SUV) but I just wanted to know if I'm missing something on the rear view mirror. Currently I HATE it! Auto adjust my butt. During the daytime (esp. rainy or snowy wx) if I get a truck behind me the rear view won't darken. Even at night sometimes it won't darken enough. If you turn the AUTO off now you just have the daylight version and no way to manually turn it to full night right? If so arghhh I would have rather had auto on headlamps!

Also what's up with the low location of the mirror. It's a safety issue cause it blocks my view to the right. Anybody taller have a problem with this (even with the seat down? If I knew how to remove the auto mirror without damaging it and keeping the ability to reinstall I'd much rather just get an el cheapo and mount it as high as possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
.. I have no complains about our mirrors. Auto works fine at night and light never matters to me in daytime. It doesn't block my view either..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Maybe have your dealership check out your rear view mirror... You might have gotten a defective one.

As for the location, it hasn't bothered me... I'm 5'10" if that helps any... Sorry..

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
It doesnt bother me either and im 6 Feet, and it dims and does a good job i think

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
20Seven said:
Also what's up with the low location of the mirror. It's a safety issue cause it blocks my view to the right. Anybody taller have a problem with this (even with the seat down? If I knew how to remove the auto mirror without damaging it and keeping the ability to reinstall I'd much rather just get an el cheapo and mount it as high as possible.
Yes, I have to duck down when coming to a 4 way stop to make sure no one is sitting there. I've actually had a car follow the same speed as me and was sitting in the blind spot of the mirror (if that makes any sense). Luckly I ducked down after I started going and saw him. But im used to it now.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
Did you check the height of the mirror when you test drove the car? Did you have issues with it then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts