Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, thank you for any info in advance!!

Some lowlife broke the right rear window of the car 2007 TSX and stole work laptop. After calling Acura and finding out that it will be close to $400 to have them replace it i want to do a DIY. Ive dont lots of projects but i am stomped with this windows. I sourced out a used windows from a salvage yard for $75 and i have been trying to install it without any progress. I have the door panel out, all the broken glass vacuumed out and the window moulding removed. Basically all prepped and ready for install but i cannot figure out the angle of the window install. Ive been trying for hours and hours but cant figure out how it goes in. I looked and looked but cant find a DIY anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have other projects i am doing right now and cant afford to shell out $400 for a window replacement (plus laptop which i have to replace).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not worth reporting to insurance. i already got the glass. cant really spend to have it done. ive done stuff like this a million times but i just cant figure out the angle the damn window goes in.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
True.n. Well maybe YouTube has videos mb not for Tsx but for other cars and that could help you. I've never seen anyone do this on here...
Mb ask the guy kz.. Who parts out Tsx
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea there are lots of vids on tuber... but every car has a specific angle the glass needs to go in and there is no vid on the TSX...ive been trying and trying but damn thing is so stubborn. anyone have a repair manual? can u share this page with me plzz??

·
-
1,695 Posts
The crude TSX service manual I have has very little info on window removal/installation.

Assuming you mean the main up/down rear window, not the small rear quarter window.

The manual says to make sure the window regulator is in the down position.
Unbolt the main window from the regulator channel. Lower the main window into the door.
Remove the rear channel, remove the rear 1/4 window.

Then lift the main glass up & out, a crude picture shows the glass coming out of the door on the outside.
Reverse for installation.

The only thing I can think of that you didn't mention is the small 1/4 window removal.

I hope this helps, good luck..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts