Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was well aware of the issues some have with aftermarket axles... But for $75 each I thought I'd give them a try on my 06 ABP 6MT. After installing them I had a vibration, almost a shake taking off in first and second. And another vibration at 69-70mph. Over 80MPH I would get a droning type sound. I called up and had them order two more to attempt to get better ones...

When the new ones got there, I realized the issue. Autozone and most all parts places list one axle for Automatic and Manual TSX's.

For those that don't know, the axle is the same on the passenger side, but the drivers axle is different between auto and manual.

I laid them out next to each other and it was obvious. The auto one autozone sold me has an inner joint that's almost 3/4" longer, and the snap ring is 1/4" further out. This was allowing the axle to literally slide in and out. The passenger was identical to OEM. So I installed an OEM on the driver side and the new autozone one on my passenger side. Smooth as butter again!

Just thought if share, see pic to see what I mean ( this is the drivers axle)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyvbso52kyi1kuj/Photo%20Jun%2007%2C%2012%2049%2029%20PM.jpg

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Which ones did you end up using and is your car a mt or at?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts