Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
My MR Restoration Project Updated 11/04/2012

alright everyone so in the past years of having my car i did different things with it and in the past 2 years the paint just went from Milano Red to Pepto Pink. So finally i had time today to start working on it and here's what's been done. if you saw my previous thread, the front end lost a battle to a parking stump so i had to reinstall everything and realign the front again. but before that, here is a few pics of my car then and now.

May 2005

Oct 2005
Tein Springs with HP 19x8.5

Honda Conversion

Present

Damages Occured

Started Prep work to paint

Had a little damage from a minor incident

Realigning the front end to prepare for body work and paint

Hood Adjustments/Front End

Will try to get the body work done with the Dings tomorrow hopefully and have the car fully prepped next weekend.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow I had no idea the MR paint really fades to pink. Thought that was an exaggeration.
Yep it gets that bad. And I used to wax and seal it every 2 months.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you. I won't get to do anything today on it but this Saturday I will try to have all the body work done as well as the full prepping completed.

This is something that has plauged every red color HONDA/ACURA ever produced.

So far looking good. In for updates.
Thanks!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
GD, I love the red!

Good work, and make sure you take pictures along the way.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GD, I love the red!

Good work, and make sure you take pictures along the way.
Thanks. I'll be sure to snap a shop of just about every move I make on the car. This weekend I'll be on it again because I'm just to exhausted after my long week schedule that I already have

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just repainted my Pink one too! Love the fresh paint! Good luck!!
thanks david

How did you adjust your hood? I have the same gap on the driver side and it's been bugging me. By the way, great job so far. Keep it up!
well for the height adjustment there are the black bump stops your adjust. as for the gap i had to adjust the fenders but loosening the three bolts under the hood and even loosen the bolt inside the door jam as well. just loosen it make slight adjustments and retighten it. but keep in mind you can throw off the alignment with the headlights also.. thanks

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mines starting to go to the pink transition! ugggh Did you have dealer repaint or..?
No, I'm repainting it myself with my dad. I can't work on it this weekend because i live in south Florida and were being hit by tropical storm Isaac at the moment but I will work on it next weekend to try and get it done.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you doing all of the work yourself? If so i can offer some tips :)
i am doing the work myself David and thanks but i wont need any tips. I learned to paint from my dad who is an ASE Master technician in auto paint and body and has been doing it his entire life. for me I have about 13 years of experience doing paint and body work so dont take it personal please, I do know what I am doing sir.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, goodluck!
Thank you! I will be working on it this weekend to get the body work completed now that Tropical Storm Isaac has passed us and the weather will be much better to work in.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I've been busy all week with work but my dad had time to work out some of the dents and body damage so enjoy.

The fender was damaged by some jealous idiot kicking it. So my da did the bondo work and got It looking right. All the bondo was pretty much sanded off and then the area was sealed

Before

After

Dings along the crease we removed

Fixed the pillar I slammed my head on while I drunk one night

The next step now is to sand the entire car then wet sand and she will be ready for paint.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.