Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased Xentec HID Fog conversion kit online and got in installed by a local workshop. When I left from there I forgot to check if the fogs were working or not and I got home and realized that they are not working. Since they were closed and it was weekend I couldn't contact them until Monday and they asked me to stop by sometime and they will fix it for me. However when I went there the guy turned on the switch for the headlights and fog lights and they came on without doing anything to them. Then when I talked to him about it he said since HIDs are highever voltage then the stock bulbs, the switch has to be turned on in order for them to light up. Is this true?

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
So you can turn your fogs on with out the head lights being on ? If the stock bulbs are in the fogs ?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I should've mentioned this as well but when they were stock, the fogs turned on itself with the headlights at night, which didn't happen after installing the HIDs. Before they use to turn on when I lock and unlock my car, but now it doesn't happen. This is what I actually meant to say. Sorry forgot to mention.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
So you just leave them on auto right ? Sometimes you have to buy a resistor or a condenser or both to get them to work correct. I would hit up Nice at DD lighting and I am sure he can answer you questions and give you links if you need to buy anything extra.

Not sure on the first gen but on my second gen I put led fogs in and them turn on and off when I lock and unlock the car. When I have them on the auto setting with the headlights. Also when I had HID's they did the same with out buy anything extra but it could be different with the 1st gen.

Just trying to give you the info I have experianced with this car and other cars when I did have to buy the extra parts to get them to work.

Good luck and I am sure someone with a first gen can help some more :)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok and yeah I like to leave them on Auto all the time and that's why I wanted to check and I will probably check with him about it because it kind of gets annoying for me to change the switches back and forth as I have never done it until now.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
Oh ok and yeah I like to leave them on Auto all the time and that's why I wanted to check and I will probably check with him about it because it kind of gets annoying for me to change the switches back and forth as I have never done it until now.
Yeah I agree that would suck. On my wife's cicive as long as the fog light button is pushed on it will turn on and off when you unlock the car as we'll. I think we just bought a cell light cancelator to get hers to work fine.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it seems like there was a connection issue with the fogs, last night I tried to mess around a little with the wire connection and after that the fogs works just like the stocks use to.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
So it seems like there was a connection issue with the fogs, last night I tried to mess around a little with the wire connection and after that the fogs works just like the stocks use to.
We'll glad you got it figured out :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I just got a 2014 tsx, which is the best site for me to order HID kit for my fogs? I used to order the kits from ddmtunning

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
Thanks! Would it be better to get LED's or HID kit for the fogs
I have had both and I like the LED's better just because they are just as bright or brighter. Depending on what you spend and you just have the bulb to deal with, not the bulb and ballast, LED's are also a lot harder to break :)

My hole car from the inside to the outside is almost all LED lights now, I think I just need 4 more and its complete :tu2:

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
Do you have a picture? I would like to see how it looks
Best I can do for you right now is on page 13 on my build thread there are pics of my led fogs, and then I upgraded them to.

·
Approved Trade Vendor
184 Posts
Here's a comparison with our new XML2 LED and a factory halogen bulb:

OP, FWIW, Xentec has the worst HID ballast we've ever tested. They claim to output 35 watts, but it's far lower than that in actuality.

I would suggest replacing your HID kit in the fog lights with something higher quality.

Nick C.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts