Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just joined. New to Acura/Honda’s Recently picked up a 2008 TSX 6spd manual nighthawk black pearl. It needed a clutch, starter, and would not go into 2nd gear. Got great deal and finally finished rebuilding the tranny and clutch. Super fun to drive. Now I’ve got the itch to mod. I’m thinking intake, exhaust to start. Also ECU flash, anyone know if Serge Bo is still doing this? Sounds like the way to go. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Serge has been MIA for all of 2021 from what i've seen. 08 you can do flash pro with the OEM ECU. bit more $$$ than a reflash, but you can get it tuned specifically for your mods rather than an unoptimized base map. Go ahead and get your bolt ons, a 45 VTC/machine a 25 VTC, maybe an RBC manifold, and get it tuned.

If you got some $$$ left over, get the hybrid racing shifter. it's such a great feeling, like loading a bolt action rifle every time you shift. doesn't make you any faster, but way more fun to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Serge has been MIA for all of 2021 from what i've seen. 08 you can do flash pro with the OEM ECU. bit more $$$ than a reflash, but you can get it tuned specifically for your mods rather than an unoptimized base map. Go ahead and get your bolt ons, a 45 VTC/machine a 25 VTC, maybe an RBC manifold, and get it tuned.

If you got some $$$ left over, get the hybrid racing shifter. it's such a great feeling, like loading a bolt action rifle every time you shift. doesn't make you any faster, but way more fun to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I assume a shop with a dyno would do the tune with the flash pro? Not something I could do? Not planing to many mods at this point, but you know how that goes lol! I just put the hybrid detent springs in and then found one of my shift cables is messed up, plastic sleeve is popping out and the cable is bending at the tranny so no reverse. Ordered new cables but would love to have a crisper feeling shifter like you mentioned. Thanks man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts