Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm looking to get recommendations for colour for interior LEDs and the brake light LED. I want to get them from Superbrightleds.com as they look like better quality than iJDMtoy.

Nothing wrong with iJDMtoy as my license plate lights are currently from them, but i notice they are not as I had wanted 100% in terms of brightness.

So i'm looking to replace my MAP and DOME lights with the 5000k white, but notice the really bright ones only come in 6000k and 3100k. Is the 3100k similar to the stock bulbs or brighter, or should I get a bulb at 5000k but not as bright?

Also for the brake lights, do you guys get RED leds or WHITE leds? The stock bulb I know is like a halogen/white but wondering which to get before I buy a bunch.

Thanks

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Superbrightleds has more variety and better quality stuff than iJDMtoy (who charges much more for the equivalent type of bulbs etc). I use SBL all the time. Shipping from them, however, is sometimes ridiculously long (eg. Ordered in feb, received in sept - totally forgot I was waiting for it).
Interior lights get the pure white 5-6k style. ALWAYS match LED colour to the lens colour. Red tail light = red LED. Amber corner = amber LED.
Blue interior looks nice, but sucks for reading.

IPhone Autoguide

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the recommendation Aragrev, I'll be going with the red brake lights. As for interior dome/map lights, I'm not sure which one to get.

I was leaning towards this one DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 SMD LED Festoon | LED Lights for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs but it only comes in 6000k and 3100k.

V-led's has a similar one in 5000k, which is what I want but they are out of stock, so I'm not sure which colour to settle for. I don't want that bluish look, so I don't think 6000k will be good for interior.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
6000K will be pure white! Supposed to be pure white anyways. That's what I have for my license plate. Halogens are about 4300K. 3100K should be yellowish.
Problem is, there is no real standard for companies describing their colors in kelvin.
But SBL 6kK should be a good pure white (cool white). That's from my experience! Either way both will be good for reading. The cool white gives a crisp white look, it is MUCH better than the warm white (which looks like a halogen bulb).

IPhone Autoguide

·
Registered
124 Posts
for my tails, i did white leds on both sides. not much of a difference from red. but i dont think the led is as bright as the halogen bulbs during day time. if you're looking to get reverse, get the projector led one, it helps alot with tinted windows since my rears are pretty dark. ill post up a few pics later for you! i also have my full interior done in panels so ill have that up too!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
for my tails, i did white leds on both sides. not much of a difference from red. but i dont think the led is as bright as the halogen bulbs during day time. if you're looking to get reverse, get the projector led one, it helps alot with tinted windows since my rears are pretty dark. ill post up a few pics later for you! i also have my full interior done in panels so ill have that up too!
Did you try a red LED? Your white led is not gonna look much different halogen BC they are similar in colour. And you need better led's if you can't see them during the day. FYI most new cars run LEDs and you can see
Them just fine!

IPhone Autoguide

1 - 6 of 6 Posts