Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow TSXers. A newbie here :)

Got my 05 TSX a month ago, been browsing lots about it since. Now leaning toward getting a rear swaybar. Heard lots of good things about the Comptech one, true?

Wondering if you guys have recommendations for shops in the Greater Vancouver area for part and/or labour on these kinds of mods?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
welcome to the club 05_TSX_GP :wavey:

i've seen u lurking around the 'other' side..hehe u should post here more often! most of the van city guys are here..

but ya..AJ or BPT are your best bets within the lower mainland

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SAZABI said:
I hate comptech.

JDM for the win.

AJ-Racing is where I recommend. :)
JDM rear sway? Do you mean the OEM one on JDM "TSX"/Accord? Is that already beefier than the OEM we get from Acura??

AJ-Racing... I think I went to them way back on my '98 Prelude for CAI and the JDM fogs :) And that's the most mods I've ever done... pretty lame huh!

They are listed as "A & J KARTING EQUIPMENT" or something right?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
05_TSX_GP said:
JDM rear sway? Do you mean the OEM one on JDM "TSX"/Accord? Is that already beefier than the OEM we get from Acura??

AJ-Racing... I think I went to them way back on my '98 Prelude for CAI and the JDM fogs :) And that's the most mods I've ever done... pretty lame huh!

yep!

www.aj-racing.com

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the club, 05_TSX_GP.:wavey:

I posted in your thread 'over' there 2 weeks ago, but I didn't want to mention that this site has more Vancouver members in the fear of getting my post moderated or myself banned over there. Glad to see you found out about us!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-phase- said:
welcome to the club 05_TSX_GP :wavey:

i've seen u lurking around the 'other' side..hehe u should post here more often! most of the van city guys are here..

but ya..AJ or BPT are your best bets within the lower mainland
Heehee, guilty as charged... I first found out the 'other' side while I was searching for pix on CG/GP colour TSX before ordering my own. Anyone care to let me in on some history about 'this' side and 'other' side? Is it like a major rival or something? A PM would do if the details are too sensitive, haha...

BPT? I am really uneducated in the mod arena, please provide more details :)

And which rear sway would you recommend while we're at it? Thanks.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
05_TSX_GP said:

No.... the "I hate Comptech" and "JDM for the win" statements are not related when I typed it. For sway bar, if I decide to replace mine, i will go with neuspeed.

Yes, A&J Karting... that's the one. (I don't even know the full name, aha ha... I just call it AJ).

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
05_TSX_GP said:
Heehee, guilty as charged... I first found out the 'other' side while I was searching for pix on CG/GP colour TSX before ordering my own. Anyone care to let me in on some history about 'this' side and 'other' side? Is it like a major rival or something? A PM would do if the details are too sensitive, haha...

hmm... i had bad exp with 'the other' site. The admin there got into my account and read my PRIVATE message. Then I got banned for promoting another site. Well... admins there are just lame and gay.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SAZABI said:
No.... the "I hate Comptech" and "JDM for the win" statements are not related when I typed it. For sway bar, if I decide to replace mine, i will go with neuspeed.

Yes, A&J Karting... that's the one. (I don't even know the full name, aha ha... I just call it AJ).
Gotcha ;)

Good to know I went to the good place back then too... even better to know AJ is still around, they must be real good!

Thanks for your input, I'll do more "research" (very scientific!) regarding various brands for the rear sway.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
05_TSX_GP said:

They really don't like us and we don't really like them. Some members on here were banned or censored too much over there because of the overzealous and obnoxious mods/admins there. If they "hate" someone for no reason, they will ban them or edit their posts.

check your PM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agent_Chen said:
They really don't like us and we don't really like them. Many members on here were banned or censored too much over there because of the overzealous and obnoxious mods/admins there. If they "hate" someone for no reason, they will ban them or edit their posts.
I see... I just go to forums to read more about my car and what other TSX owners do to take care and to improve them.

I am happy to find many more local TSXers here to share info. Lots I can learn from you all to do on my car ;)

Cheers!!!

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
welcome to the club...

i would suggest AJ..lol
since all my parts are all bought at AJ..

i may just wait for those Japan brands for the rear sways.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A big thank you!

Thanks for everyone's warm welcome.

I've just read Hondata reflash is now out for 6MT TSX as well... and AJ is a Hondata dealer, so I think AJ will be where I go get mods for my TSX :D (though I'll probably take my sweet time to actually mod, still learning the ropes of modding)

So, anyone in GV has already signed up for the Hondata reflash?? It seems awesome :mardi:

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
05_TSX_GP said:
Thanks for everyone's warm welcome.

I've just read Hondata reflash is now out for 6MT TSX as well... and AJ is a Hondata dealer, so I think AJ will be where I go get mods for my TSX :D (though I'll probably take my sweet time to actually mod, still learning the ropes of modding)

So, anyone in GV has already signed up for the Hondata reflash?? It seems awesome :mardi:
sounds great....we should meet at AJ next time..lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chocodai said:
is there a ECU flash for the AT,
damn u stick driving punks :jeffy:
Not yet... but expected very soon.

Though after reading on the reflash more... it's probably already too hardcore a mod for me, as a mod like this definitely voids the warranty... right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts