Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car came with the Michelin Pilots and I wouldnt mind getting the same tires again, but the price is a little out of my range right now. Are there any other tires that anyone can suggest? I've heard of the Hankook V12 being pretty good. The tires would be used for all season with the chances of snow and ice in the winter season, you never know what you get here in VA. :)

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Whats your budget?

The hankook ventus V12 evo's are summer tires. I know a lot of eastern members get a set of beater wheels to mount winter tires on. Not sure how the weather is like in VA, but getting an all season tire is like getting all "C's" in school. You don't excel at anything and do everything mediocrely.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
i got the new Eagle GT all season tire and they worked really good. i never had any problems in the snow except when im at idle, and highway cruise is really smooth. compared to my new RSX with all season continental tires, that thing almost slipped/drifted one day on the highway. the Eagle GT is good in the rain too, i feel like im on normal road with no water. look it up, i got mines for 100 dollars each from discount tire(hussle)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weather in VA is sometimes unpredictable, it'll be sunny one day, rainy the next, snowing, ice and then back to 70 degree weather. Atleast now in the winter time. Sometimes chilly, sometimes warm, then chilly again. Budget for right now is limited since I need to do some house repairs. Damn responsibility!

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I'll recommend TOYO Extensa HP all season tires, that's what I currently have right now, but it'll cost you about 500+. By far the best tires I have ever used so far and its also Made In Japan which is a plus :)

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
i got the new Eagle GT all season tire and they worked really good. i never had any problems in the snow except when im at idle, and highway cruise is really smooth. compared to my new RSX with all season continental tires, that thing almost slipped/drifted one day on the highway. the Eagle GT is good in the rain too, i feel like im on normal road with no water. look it up, i got mines for 100 dollars each from discount tire(hussle)

I got these too and I can vouch for them. There are some complaints I've read about it getting too loud but I haven't had that problem yet. I've had them on for about 9000 miles.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, how did you manage that?

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
I'll recommend TOYO Extensa HP all season tires, that's what I currently have right now, but it'll cost you about 500+. By far the best tires I have ever used so far and its also Made In Japan which is a plus :)
Just got these mounted on my new 18's. So far, no complaints. Super quiet on the highway. They dont squeal or screech under stress. I havent tried them in the rain yet. A set of 225/40/18s were $445 shipped on ebay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts