Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommended performance upgrades for a Sport Wagon? Im not looking to get too crazy but any and all input would be appreciated.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Just look through my build thread and you should find some ideas :)

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
Or don't look at Obert's build as you'll go green with envy and jealously. Lol's

But in all honesty, our cars are not like the old civic's where you just bolt on parts and call it a day. Everything works better with Flashpro tuning software, and performance parts are few for our platform.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or don't look at Obert's build as you'll go green with envy and jealously. Lol's

But in all honesty, our cars are not like the old civic's where you just bolt on parts and call it a day. Everything works better with Flashpro tuning software, and performance parts are few for our platform.
Yeah I wasn't looking to do anything too extravagant lol. I was really just looking to see what could actually be done. I would want to add a little extra power or even just some acceleration.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What do you mean you were "really just looking to see what could actually be done"? Everything in obert's thread actually was done :)

For you, basic bolt on engine mods come to mind: header (in our case, a downpipe), CAI, test pipe (if you don't care about the awful pollution+smell associated with this). These will be the cheapest engine mods for this car. Whether they will yield any real world gains is a bit touchy/subjective. I felt improvements with the RV6 downpipe. Don't have a CAI as I've heard mixed opinions, and don't have a test pipe (nor a high flow cat) as I doubt I'd see any noticeable gains there.

Hondata FlashPro + tune will be your biggest gain if anything. Combine that with some bolt ons like the PCD, and you should notice a big enough difference.

edit:
A non-engine mod that will improve the performance of your car is lightweight wheels. If you have the dough, "invest" in some Enkei RPF1s if you're into that kinda thing. Some argue they look a bit too sporty for the 2G TSX. I however think the look can definitely be pulled off, even in the wagon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts