Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just redid centre console trim around the shifter and cubbies. The 06 has some grey-speckled plastic stuff that leaves finger prints and doesn't keep well. I've replaced it with some "Black dry carbon fibre" twill weave. Thought I'd throw up some pics for people who want to see what different stuff looks like. It looks glossy in my iPhone cam but it's not. It's a textured weave. (prob will collect dirt in the weave though)

Old Trim

New Trim

* I miss-laid the weave on the cup holder cover so the pattern goes opposite.*

Reactions: Greyout

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
I like how it looks. The "mis-lay" of the cup holder actually looks cool. I like how it contrasts the rest.

Where'd you get your material? I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. Is it sticky backed or did you have to use spray ahesive?

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
Wow, is there a DIY for removing the trim pieces, I'm scared I might break something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You don't need to remove the center console. Razor blade, scissors and a lighter are all you need. I did this mod almost 2 yrs ago. You can buy that Carbon Fiber Vinyl on ebay for like 20 bucks or something, and with that amount of vinyl, you pretty much can cover the whole dash.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
but removing the center console is so easy and it will make the install easier. Honestly all you have to do is pry the center consle and upper cubby with your hands. Once you do that you will see the screws for the cubby with the "not an astray" thingy.

if your confused(I didn't use a screw driver though for the center console):

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
This looks good. Don't think it would go well with parchment interior. What do y'all think? I would also have to cover the "wood" trim.

:fro:

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
Just did mine today.

Damn that center console was a bitch to get out. For those who haven't taken it out, please oh please use a towel when using a screwdriver to pry it out from the e-brake. Otherwise you'll have nice dents in your center console.

But after 5 hours of doing this, I'm really happy with my new interior. VERY happy actually. No more icky finger smudges!

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
This looks good. Don't think it would go well with parchment interior. What do y'all think? I would also have to cover the "wood" trim.

:fro:
I say do it anyway. It might be nice, since the center console is black anyway?

It adds a completely new look IMO.

Very happy with how mine came out.

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
Not too bad. For me, had to constantly go back and forth from heating up the 3M dinoc, and initially used my nails to push in the surrounding areas. Then reheat, then push again with nails. Then you get it close enough that you can use your xacto knife and cut along the silver trim.

Once you cut out the basic shape, you reheat and push in the material around the silver trim. It's not 100percent perfect, but it does the job well. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but mine still came out looking really good.

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts
It should have came like that from the factory! The damn plastick they used on the pieces sucks ass. It drives me insane when i see smudge marks on it and the rest of the interior is clean.

Definately going to do this as well.

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
It should have came like that from the factory! The damn plastick they used on the pieces sucks ass. It drives me insane when i see smudge marks on it and the rest of the interior is clean.

Definately going to do this as well.
Yesssss do it! I love how it doesn't leave fingerprint smudges :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts