Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I had a great deal i couldnt pass up. I bought a set of
Konig imagine rims 18x7.5 +45 offset for 200 bucks..
The guy plasti dipped the middle part of it but i wanted to get your opinions on what to do for refinishing. Even though the pictures make it look good..it has alot of imperfections. Im a real stickler for it to be the way i want them to be.

I can get all 4 rims sand blasted and powder coated for 150 bucks.

here are the options

1- powder coat the middle part of rim to SSM color.. with a mirrored polish lip
2- airline paint strip the rim and polish the shit out of the whole wheel
3- leave it the way it, just clean them up and dont spend anymore money on these old rims?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
135 Posts
powdercoat the middle part

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ Well thats why i bought the konigs for that cheap. I plan on buying better rims in the future. but I figure I can use these as my daily beaters. I decided to do option 1 but instead of powder coating I decided to just refinish the rims myself and paint the middle SSM to match my car. I know its gonna take a while to do but ill be updating this and eventually show the finished product.

I started to strip all the paint on all 4 rims... next step is sanding. and prepping for paint and polish the lips

PAINT STRIPPER NO POLE INCLUDED!..lol
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't listen to the idiot above. The specs are perfect for a stock or close to stock TSX. +45 is perfect offset for the car. As for the refinish, I'd go with option 1 you listed.

The idiot above? :laugh:

I'm pretty sure everyone has the right to state their own opinion, so I did.

You, on the other hand, can go **** yourself. :king:

:grinfawk:

·
Registered
188 Posts
only thing about airplane paint remover, is that the shine doesn't last, within 6 months or less, you'll be going right back through the same process.. good pick up for the price. spend about 400 for some good tires and you'll have a nice look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.