Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Hondata reflash for my 06 TSX but I live in Canada. First, I thought I would send it down via courier and just pay the high rate. Then I realized I will be in Glendale California in July. Is there anyway of getting it done in one or two days while I am in California and avoid the crazy shipping costs back and forth.

Ideas requested.

Thanks.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Call churchs first and tell them when you coming. I brought my ecu and immobilizer and car key to them on the way to Disneyland. They had it done in 2 days but I'm sure you can get them to do it in 1, as long as you communicate with them.

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
CHURCH does SAME DAY reflashing.
Did mine in about 2-3 hours and charged me $285 when the prices originally dropped.

Why it would take them an entire day or two or why they would charge a bit more now is probably due to demand and scheduling. Wait... are u bringing the TSX or just the ECU/immobilizer/car key??

Eitherway, call them and tell them the dates of ur visit and if they can accommodate you. Mention TSXClub and I'm sure Shawn Church will squeeze u right in. If u do bring ur TSX then get a before/after dyno if time permits.

Drive time from Glendale to Wilmington (Church location) is about 35 minutes depending on traffic.

DO IT & GL!!

·
-
1,695 Posts
LOL, I doubt Tommy will be driving to California from Canada! :)

As others mentioned, contact the closest Hondata dealer & talk to them to figure out what they can do for you.

IMO, if you are only in California for a short time, I would ship your ECU, immobolizer & key to the dealer or Hondata well ahead of time, let them reflash it, then pick it up when you are there.
This will avoid the chance that they can't reflash quick enough while you are there.

Shipping from Cda to the US is much cheaper than shipping from the US to Cda. (Avoid UPS is you can).
By picking up the ECU & taking it back to home to Cda, you will avoid the GST, provincial sales tax & brokerage charges.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

CalgaryTSX, not a bad idea but I thought Hondata will not deal with customers directly. Do you know of anyone picking it up directly from them?

I contacted Church and they said $325 to drop if off and bring it back the same day - with or without car.

Now I am wondering if it would be cheaper to ship it out from Canada since I am going to be away for two weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.