Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,489 Posts
Many of you have noticed our forum has been growing by leeps and bounds lately. In-turn this makes room for new improvements which makes way for new leadership opportunities. Currently we are looking to start implementing some TSXClub "official" organized meets. More details will follow shortly. We are looking for candidates from each region that will be the "Regional Meet Leaders". These people will work side by side with the mods in leading their own specific regions "official" meets. I know currently this still seems very vague but this is still in very early stages. So if you feel you are right for the position please post back and include two things:

1. The region that you are from:
- Region 1 - North East
- Region 2 - South East
- Region 3 - Upper Midwest
- Region 4 - Lower Midwest
- Region 5 - North West
- Region 6 - South West
- Region 7 - Hawaii Islands
- Region 8 - Canada East
- Region 9 - Canada West & North

2. What skills/experiences/personal characteristics that you posses may benefit our members and these organized meets.

==============================================================

This thread is only for candidate submissions. Please do not post anything else.
All irrelevant posts will be removed from this thread.

==============================================================​

Current Assignments:​
- Regional Meet Coordinator - United States:

Luwin1026

- Regional Meet Leaders: (North East)

New York: lcrazyaznl

- Regional Meet Leaders: (South East)

Florida: SlowCivicEx

- Regional Meet Leaders: (Upper Midwest)

Chicago: firstsx

- Regional Meet Leaders: (Lower Midwest)

Spot Available

- Regional Meet Leaders: (North West)

Seattle,WA: tsxpert

- Regional Meet Leaders: (South West)

SF Bay Area: wong05tsx
Corona,CA: Johnny.Ly
San Diego,CA: element360
San Diego, CA: shady_cu2

- Regional Meet Leaders: (Hawaii Islands)

Hawaii: PatJo_09

- Regional Meet Coordinator Canada:

Kanon23

- Regional Meet Leaders: (Canada East)

Toronto: Lexx

- Regional Meet Leaders: (Canada West & North)

Vancouver: Benz

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
Northeast Sign In--
Jays98Cobra

SuperModerator

Held Jersey shore meets in both 2007 and 2008. Plans in works for 2009. Would like to stick to NJ area and allow others to organize meets in NY and other areas they are familiar with if possible.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Northeastern Sign in
Tsx4life

I know enough to defend myself ..first time owening a acura... held my first meet last year 08' Outback steak meet had a few that made it ...other than that will like to start meets this year ..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Northeast Region:
ExclusiveTSX

I know it seems kind of funny for me to apply for a position I'm helping to create but I would like to be elected into the position if the board feels I could benefit them. I feel as though I am active on the forum and have a fairly good understanding of what it takes to make a good meet. I believe that we have a very strong representation regionally and if organized correctly we could start having very large turnouts.

·
, Administrator/Moderator, Entertainment
7,303 Posts
I know the west coast section is huge but I would like to apply for the west coast with an emphasis in California.

West Coast: Carbon

I have organized several mini meets in the past year and some with 10+ cars. Also have organized an Annual BBQ, (this is the 2nd year) that had 15+ members show up. Im pretty active in this forum and always like to put a face with a name and Im all about getting together and sharing our knowledge about life, cars, and anything else that comes to mind. If you ever come to any of my meets you will know who I am because I will be the one who will talking to everybody.

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
Washington DC Metro: pdpgps

1. I would like to be a candidate for the Regional "meet leader" position, specifically in the DC metro region if possible. I have helped set up 1-2 local meets already, and strive continously to get all of us meet up whenever possible.

2. Initially when I became a member on tsxclub, I wasn't too comfortable posting in the general threads so I posted on the dc region's thread, but it often took days for members to reply. To help get the dialogue going, I helped start the DC off topic section as a thread to help unite the DC area members and get to know each other. I think setting more local meets especially since we cover Virginia, DC and Maryland would be a great idea across the area. If distance is an issue for some, even smaller local meets can be arranged. I consider myself pretty organized when it comes to logistics and planning, and I've had tons of experience event planning during college as a member of various clubs and organizations.

·
Last hand... ALL IN!!!
1,884 Posts
West Coast: samxeyeam (assistant)

More towards Southern California also... I would not like to be a primary leader but an assistant... Scouted the location to the "annual" BBQ for the year of 2008. Also assisting in setting up the "K-1" meet thats currently open for sign up. Coordinated the rooms for the "SoCAL" convoy for the sacramento NoCAL meet.
I am a very approachable person and willing to help others if my knowledge or assistance is needed. Open minded and want to see the "regulars" list grow in the TSXCLUB community during meets.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
Region: West Coast (Norcal?): Wong05tsx

Hosted the first Bay area tsx meet just about a year ago Link to put names to faces. Also created a cruise meet soon after, but did not follow through due to car troubles (Bent wheel) Link. These TSX based friendships soon expanded into Socal, when I attended the Socal West Covina meet. Also created the hondata group buy, where I once again, got to meet more soCalifornians. I believe I can recognize more than half of the Cali TSXclubbers by face given the opportunity. I'm very easily approachable (I think).

Anyways, enough bragging. I can be very organized, the Hondata GB thread is a good example of that. Very active... this includes being on the forum on the Blackberry during class h1e1l1p, and have met a large portion of the California TSXclub community in person. I don't think I've missed a single Norcal TSX meet yet! :nutkick:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
1. Upper Midwest

2. Ive helped organize meets on other forums in the past and Im pretty active on these forums. Im from the Chicago area which seems to be a good central meeting ground for the "Upper Midwest".

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
i nominate myself and crazyazn for ny meets. me and him set up a meet in march that had a somewhat good turnout. i'm pretty responsible and i'm people friendly.

·
2,608 Posts
1. Region 9 - Canada West & North (Vancouver area)

2. Kanon nomintaed me to try out being the regional meet leader for the Can West Vancouver area since I organized the last couple meets we had in Vancouver and they were pretty sucessful.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Looking for Regional Meet Leaders for regions 2 - 5, please reply if your interested.

Your responsibility is to host local TSX meets and encourage more TSX activity in your area.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Seattle,WA
1,465 Posts
I might as well just put myself up here haha

Reppin the North West: Seattle, WA

I've been a member on here for awhile. Not to mention a lot of other forum sites as well. I pretty much attend every car meet, show and cruises and do have a pretty big crowd to follow. There is a ton of tsx's around here and I have met a bunch of this site from previous meets. I'd be a good candidate because not only am I big in the scene but I was also a club promoter up here in Seattle, so speeding the word is easy. I'm outgoing and just down to meet new faces that join the site and keep old faces entertained. It would be nice to bring the NW section back to life as I had mentioned to another member and friend. Let's get it crackin!!

P.S. BlueCarbonFiber better join too as a rep for oregan!

Thanks!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
Canada East;
Lexx

Very active member as modding my own car is a hobby. I like to visit various local meets to see whats good in the community. Being able to lead the tsxs out to cruises, dynos and just weekly/bi-weekly meets would give us a chance to get face familiar with each other and a chance to help each other out regardless of what it may be.

I am a weekly modbug, so having new things up on my car gives me a chance to be able to tryto be a signature tsx for toronto.

Please do consider.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Would like to sign in for Upper Mid-west, specifically Chicago Land area- good with primary role and/or assistant position

Recently moved here and would like to bring more of us together, doesn't seem like there is a big scene here or maybe there is just a lack of organization- I've been accustomed to TAC (toronto accord club) style meets, which i attended regularly while in Toronto over the last year, including the TSX speedstar meet and also a forum a frequently contributed to.

I've been a regular contributor to this forum since even before buying my car (circa aug 10). I've also built solid relationships with several members, in regards to meet ups and parts bought and sold.

Thanks!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Region 9 - Canada West & North (Vancouver area)
Benz

2. Icemiko nomintaed me since he sold his TSX and I am one of the older member in the Vancouver area who still has the TSX. Kanon once talked to me about taking over this role as well. I have tried to set up meets in the past but due to lack of activity in the sub-forum, it was unsuccessful. However I have already personally contacted a few local members and they are down for a meet anytime. Summer is coming and I want to contribute to the TSXCLUB forum as it has treated me so well over the years. I see alot of newly modded TSX locally and I want those members to know about this forum. I am active on a local car enthusiast forum and I can help spread the word. I also have a close relationship with nwaccord forum and are looking to plan meets together to bring TSX and accords together. If nominated, I can use my title to formally host meets to bring back the traffic to the Canada West section.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey this isn't a candidacy but it is a suggestion... The southeast region has a far stretch and it seems like most of the meets have happened about 4 hours from where I live and I know there are people farther away than I am. So maybe splitting this region a little bit might help out some of us that are farther away from the typical meet spots. Thank you.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Looking for a possible replacment for the Northern California Regional Meet Leader. Please post here if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts