Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Loving every bit of my 09 PMM TSX 6MT that I picked up a couple weeks ago ... it's a great car!

There's just 1 thing that bugs the heck out of me ... first of all, the lock and unlock buttons on the remote have the exact size, and exact feel ... I can't tell which is which 9 times out of 10, and this is a bigger problem after parking at night ... I can't tell if I pressed the lock or unlock button! :)

So that leads to the next problem - supposedly if I press lock twice the car will acknowledge with a 'beep' ... some cars use the horn, so it's loud and clear. Acura doesn't. That's fine. But the 'beep' is so hopelessly low in volume ... it's a whisper that easily gets lost in any background noise. And I'm not an old man with hearing problem either.

Honestly, a couple times after parking in a dark parking lot I had to take out my phone and shed some lights on the remote so I know if I did press the lock button!!

And, if I'm looking for my car after I park (I'm sure this happens to everyone from time to times :) I can't just press the lock button because I can never wear the weak whispering beep. I have to press the panic button, which I really hate but have no other choice.

Is this what's happening with everyone's remote? Or is mine just specially weak in volume?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the same issue with my 11 TSX Sport Wagon. The salesperson actually called it an upgraded feature over Honda's use of the horn. I disagreed with him on that one. Note: I got a loaner the other day when my car was in for routine service and the volume of the alert has been boosted dramatically on the 2013 TSX.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
You will just get used to automatically knowing where the button is. It'll be second nature when you're walking away. I know this because I can't tell you which button mine is right now, but I never think about it when I walk away and press it.
A quick solution to your problem that will help you learn it quicker, is to add something extra to feel when your on the right button. This is as simple as adding a tiny drop of white glue/silicon etc (something adhesive, but removable and unnoticeable).
You will be able to feel the smallest dot, and it will help you get used to it!
As for the beep, it does sound better to me, but it is way too quiet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean, it says a lot about the car when the lone complaint is the volume of the beep ... :)

I guess I just have to memorize which button is which ... :)

That, or use my key to lock from now on :)

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Or just add a tiny drop of something to the button. Solved.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys,

... first of all, the lock and unlock buttons on the remote have the exact size, and exact feel ...
Maybe your key fob is different...on my 2009 fob, the unlock button is convex and the lock button in concave. For those that don't know convex is curved/bulged outward and concave is hollowed inward.

Quite easy to tell the difference by feel.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
The horn beep sounds cheaper to me. All the lower end cars use it nowadays, including my girlfriends tiny Nissan Versa. The higher end cars use the nice, subtle beep. I find the car horn beep loud and annoying personally. Plus, I'd rather not have the whole apartment complex know when I've arrived and locked my doors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The horn beep sounds cheaper to me. All the lower end cars use it nowadays, including my girlfriends tiny Nissan Versa. The higher end cars use the nice, subtle beep. I find the car horn beep loud and annoying personally. Plus, I'd rather not have the whole apartment complex know when I've arrived and locked my doors.
a big +1 here....can't stand a loud annoying horn, I love the chirp -- but mine only does it the second time I hit lock - the first time the park lites flash.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't even get a beep on mine in the UK so cpunt yourself lucky.

On second click of the lock button I just get a nice loud clunk of the locks.

And the lights flash but stay on longer.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I don't even get a beep on mine in the UK so cpunt yourself lucky.

On second click of the lock button I just get a nice loud clunk of the locks.

And the lights flash but stay on longer.
Already mentioned somewhere, but double check it isn't turned off :)

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
a big +1 here....can't stand a loud annoying horn, I love the chirp -- but mine only does it the second time I hit lock - the first time the park lites flash.
Same here. Sometimes I make it beep sometimes I don't. Depends. If it's dark out, I might not, but in the sun and I can't see the lights, I'll make it beep. If I'm leaving the for a while away from home, I'll also make it beep so it stays in my memory more effectively. I remember I PRESSED it and I remember I HEAR it. Instead of doubting myself later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.