Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch engagement feel on my 04 6MT is a huge disappointment, and one of my recent threads on this form addressing this issue seems to corroborate my suspicions that this a "characteristic" of all 6MT TSXs, versus a mechanical problem per se.

I've searched high and low to get to the bottom of what may be contributing to the vague clutch engagement, and have determined that a slave cylinder delay (check) valve may be to blame. A quick google search of "slave cylinder delay valve" will reveal that many others have improved the linearity of their clutch feel (most noticeable when taking off in first gear) by removing this valve on the clutch slave cylinder in their Acura TLs, Honda S2Ks, BMW 3-series, etc.

I'm curious to know if anyone with a TSX has successfully removed this component to improve clutch feel. If so, do share!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Going to bump this thread since it is the only CDV thread, specific to a TSX that google pulls up.

EDIT: Integraguy04 removed a CDV from the CSC on his TSX, but according to Mike from Ktuned all 04-08 TSX's did not come with a CDV, so his CSC may have been changed in the past.:

Note : The inlet is on a horizontal position to the right of the CSC, and there is what seems to be a primary cylinder(Where NISIN is engraved) that houses the CDV. Fluid enters from the right side, flows left into the CDV then drops down to provide the hydraulic pressure needed for the rod to operate.

My 06 TSX CSC looks like this :

Notice there is only a single cylinder, unlike the one integraguy04 removed from his car, and the inlet is positioned on the top left.

Now here is the K-Tuned unit which does NOT have a CDV :

The only visual difference I can see from my 06 unit compared to the Ktuned unit is the fluid fitting.
I've emailed Ktuned but haven't heard back yet. Will update if I do.

EDIT: See below for Ktuned's response.

·
Registered
907 Posts
From the research I did I thought the ktuned slave wasn't a rebranded oem piece. This thread is really making me antsy to get these pieces on, but aint nobody got time to work on cars in the Chicago winter.

Separate issue: When I was doing the teardown on my car (see my build thread) I wanted to install the ktuned CMC/line/slave but couldn't get the strut tower brace off. I got the bolts under the cowl, before anyone asks. The car was also on the ground aka no tension. The bar would not move at all even with no bolts holding it on. Only thing I could think of is maybe the car was in an accident in it's younger years and the body is slightly tweaked.

If I can't get the bar off next time I fiddle with it then I'll have to have a shop do the install because my hands are waaayyy too big to fit any other way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Got a response from Mike at Ktuned and according to him all 04-08 TSXs do NOT come with a CDV.

Me:
Hey guys I was looking into the Ktuned slave cylinder to replace my OEM 2006 TSX's unit. Mainly I wanted to do it for the Ktuned's deleted delay valve, but after looking at my OEM slave cylinder it doesn't appear to have a delay valve in it and looks similar in design to the Ktuned unit. Interestingly enough a 04-05 TSX near me does contain a slave with the delay valve and it looks different than my 06 unit.

Could you please advise me on if the 06-08 TSX slave cylinders have a delay valve or not? If not then I would just purchase the ktuned cmc kit and call it a day.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 5:38 AM Mike <[email protected]> wrote:
There is no delay valve in the oem 04-08 TSX slave cylinder.
If you know of a car with one it has likely been changed at some point.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah now that I'm thinking what mine looks like and I think he's right Plus mine doesn't look like the pic you posted with a CDV present, it looks just like yours (06-08 and same fitting location). The main reason to go with the k-tuned for me was the different style of fitting necessary with the CMC kit plus my slave is who knows how old so it seemed like a no brainer.

Had to go back and edit that post in tonyjacksons thread as well.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah now that I'm thinking what mine looks like and I think he's right Plus mine doesn't look like the pic you posted with a CDV present, it looks just like yours (06-08 and same fitting location). The main reason to go with the k-tuned for me was the different style of fitting necessary with the CMC kit plus my slave is who knows how old so it seemed like a no brainer.

Had to go back and edit that post in tonyjacksons thread as well.
Yeah running the ktuned csc is about the same price as a OEM unit and it makes sense if you need to replace it anyway.

The CMC is a bitch to get to, I had to unbolt the booster and fiddle with it a bit.

I'll go back and edit my posts when I get some time after work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts