Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to integrate a garmin GPS into my 2008 TSX. I have been debating whether I want to buy a double din touch-screen w/ navigation and integrate where the oem non-nav is (would require some custom fabrication) or just remove the upper cubby and install a garmin. Im not too worried about the electrical work.

Whats the easiest way to remove the upper cubby? It looks simple but I do not want to pull on something and break it (just bought the car 3 days ago). I would build a custom enclosure that the nav would mount it and run power off the ACC line that goes to the OEM HU.

Searched this thread multiple times but cant seem to find the answer that I am looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chirag

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you can get your hands in there (or at least your four fingers on each hand), then put them in there with your palms facing out and push out on the insides and pull up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I will give this a try today. When I look inside the cubby, I see what looks like a screw on the back center.

·
Registered
561 Posts
its easy, i made my own screen mold, and went with a macmini car-puter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried the pull method described above and it didnt work (or I am not pulling hard enough). Mine is a 2008. When I look down inside the cubby, there is what seems to look like a screw near the center that is inserted upward. Looks like that may be connecting the cubby to the rest of the center console.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! that was super easy. Looks like I was pulling on the wrong part of the cubby. It came out VERY easily. There is a wiring harness that is connected to the top of the cubby (that I thought was originally a screw of some sort when I look from the inside). I am presuming that this is a power connection for a light? If so, is it connected to the accessory line of the car? I will be installing a garmin navi in place of the cubby and wanted to see if I could cut the wire that went to the cubby and use it for +/- power to the garmin.

Thanks for all the help so far!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
just assuming this from your OP, if you dont have very much experience with taking apart cars take your time, the tsx's interior can be a b*tch and a half bc it is fully integrated. Mask off and places you may scratch if you have too! GL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts