Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just got an 04 TSX and was planning on installing a GTA kit for my iPhone. I was just wondering about removing the cassette deck. Do I just pull it out similar to the instructions in the video? Or do I have to do something different? I tried searching for about 30 minutes but didn't find anything about this. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh oh! I just realized if I take out the cassette player to install the GTA kit... I wont have anything to put back in it's place. Anyone have a center pocket? Parts #77280-SEC-A11ZA. Let me know! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have the cassette player in my car, and you have to remove the center piece to remove it. it's easy with the instruction up top.

i've also installed an aux for my ipod in my car and since you have to remove the cassette player to plug it in. with everything removed, i just ran the cable all the way to the arm rest and made it pop out the accessories/power socket(i had it removed and its just a normal hole)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a picture Davu? Sorry I'm a total n00b. Also, if I remove the cassette player, won't I need a center pocket (parts #77280-SEC-A11ZA) to replace it? Or can I just unplug the cassette player, leave it where it is, and plug in the GTA kit? Thanks for all the help so far!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just did the removal of the cassette deck and installation of the GTA AUX kit this morning. Start to finish took me about 2 hours. I was going slow and making sure I was doing everything right. NO LOST SCREWS OR BOLTS!! LOL. If anyone needs help, just PM me and I'll try to explain as best I can. Thanks again to cdiggisapimp for the installation guide!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.