Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im removing all of the silver trim inside the car in order to paint it. i got the 3 pieces on the dash, and the door panels, but i cant figure out how, if its even pissible, to get the trim thats around the hvac controls/screen. once i pulled off the piece on either side, 2 screws are visible, but removing them does nothing to loosen the piece i need.

i also want to take out the piece around the shifter (5spd a/t), but not sure how to go about doing that either. looks like you have to take off the main trim piece that goes around the shifter and cup holders, but im not sure, and i dont want to break anything.

if anyone has done this before and can help me out, id appreciate it. thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im curious on how to take out the piece thats around the cup holder an shifter also. Before i go breakin clips
The cup holder and upper cubby can be pulled straight out. Use a plastic pry tool to pop up the cup holder. If you don't have one, you can wrap a flathead screwdriver in a towel.

As for the upper cubby, open the lid and use the lid to pull it out. It should come out very easily (2 clips I believe).

The "not an ashtray" pocket has 2 bolts (10mm IIRC) that are exposed once you take the cup holder out. After removing the bolts it will slide right out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im removing all of the silver trim inside the car in order to paint it. i got the 3 pieces on the dash, and the door panels, but i cant figure out how, if its even pissible, to get the trim thats around the hvac controls/screen. once i pulled off the piece on either side, 2 screws are visible, but removing them does nothing to loosen the piece i need.

i also want to take out the piece around the shifter (5spd a/t), but not sure how to go about doing that either. looks like you have to take off the main trim piece that goes around the shifter and cup holders, but im not sure, and i dont want to break anything.

if anyone has done this before and can help me out, id appreciate it. thanks.
how did you remove the door trim pieces?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts