Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, New York
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The horn seems to be a simple fix.

Take off the clips of the radiator and grill for access.

Its connected with just a easy plug and play clip. You can take off the horn with a 11mm rachet I think. The bracket actually comes as a replacement.

The car Has two horns I just replaced my high tone at 200,600 miles.
it says on the back
12v 4a 108 db.

Seems pretty loud

Not sure about the low horn but its pretty unbearable by itself.

passenger side is high tone and low is driver side.

Figure that help you guys out. I'm wondering if there are louder horns for the bigger cars.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm not sure of the dB rating on the TSX factory horn , however I've seen some nice looking horn kits rated at 125 dB on eBay going for $30-$50 with free shipping , the design looks good and solid and they look similar to the horns that came on the 2008 STIs , also come in variety of colors if you're looking to mount them behind your grill let's say , don't have any links but if you search eBay for TSX 125dB they will come up.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, New York
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stock horns highs are 108 and low im going say maybe 40. Both horns work at the same time. By themselves the low tone is horrible you don't hear it in the cabin with some noise.

Hella horns are aftermarkets that subaru people us they are not stock with the car.
It needs wiring done tho..

least our horn is plug and play

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.