Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the clutch, clutch master and slave replace on my 04 TSX back in April about 5k miles ago. The clutch pedal started to click and sometimes I have to press the clutch twice to put the car into first gear also there’s grinding when I try to put in reverse. I’m sure I have to replace the CM but should I also replace the slave too they are both new?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
What part number did you replace your CMC with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well found out what was making part of the noise, from what I saw part of the brace that holds the clutch pedal assembly is broken. The metal brace is broken where it meets the firewall just below one of the bolts that holds the clutch master. I'm not even sure how that happened but it looks like there is a two tack welds holding that brace to a plate on the firewall so is not bolted on. The entire clutch pedal assembly moves to one side when I pressed the pedal.

·
-
1,750 Posts
That clutch bracket is a cheap piece of tin. Even when not cracked it is very flimsy.

Everyone should check this bracket. Have a close look under the dash with a good flashlight.

Ours is cracked but I haven't gotten around to removing it, welding it up and reinforcing the entire thing.
I added thick washers under the 2 (or3?) attachment bolts several years ago to support it & the crack hasn't gotten any worse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the grinding problem too .. I did a little research it could be the throwout bearing inside the transmission.. If you redline and then try to push it in 2nd does it sometimes not go in?
This happens to me all the time, I cannot shift into 2nd until the revs drop to about 5k. Now I know I needed some trans work done anyways but is the throwout bearing the cause of not being able to shift?

Sorry for the somewhat off topic OP!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess it makes sense that it grinds when I put it in reverse or that it doesn't engage 1st gear on the first try. The pedal can't be fully pressed because the entire pedal assembly moves to one side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.