Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I replaced all of the parts in my AC system since it went out again and have it all put back together. I have evacuated the system and have refrigerant inside the system. I have the AC blowing and it is blowing out cold from the AC vents.

My only problem is that I don't see that my AC compressor is cycling. It always seems to be 'on'. The only thing I could think that may be wrong is that I noticed a difference between the expansion valve that I pulled out of my car and the expansion valve that I have replaced it with. There seems to be a plastic piece that the old one has on the low side. The new expansion valve doesn't seem to have this piece. Could this be why my compressor isn't cycling correctly? :bawling:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Someone answer this guys damn question. I want to know too. Lol how hard was it to replace btw? Someone told me mine might be bad and it's a cheap part to fix so I figured I might as well but heard its a bitch job to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have taken pictures and am willing to write a detailed DIY since this not covered very often. I also see that you live in DFW. I'm from the Arlington area myself.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
is the expansion valve the part that goes bad and periodically "hisses" inside the cabin when a/c is on? my car does this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts