Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a long long wait I finally replaced my very worn out clutch (113k miles)
It was fairly straightforward, I did read through the DIY posted here but went about the removal/installation a little differently.

For starters, I did not drop the power steering rack or lines, I left the system intact and simply propped and held the rack in place. (Note the white/red/green wire around the rack holding it up)

I also did not remove the knuckles or strut assembly. Instead, I dropped the lower control arm/sway bar with the subframe. This made everything a lot simpler.

All in all the install went smooth, it took me about 2 days. I did fashion up a nifty way of bracing the engine. It was similar to the DIY but I drilled through the 2x4's and mounted one of the Engine brace's arms on them.

My old Clutch was pretty worn, the TOB was howling and the clutch was engaging near the top of the pedal. Look at the hot spots!

I put in the Exedy Stage 1 Organic (08806) and Competition 11.5 lb Flywheel (2-800-ST) both for an RSX Type S.
Great setup so far!

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Nice! I think ill b getting the same. How does it feel compared to stock? Any vibrations or loud noises after install?

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far everything is better. The clutch feel, the throttle response with the lighter flywheel, and the shifting.
The flywheel is the perfect weight for daily driving.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really no, my pedal feels fine. I ran one on my old accord along with SS brake lines, so I know the benefits.

The clutch is breaking in nicely so far, shifting is effortless and my MPG seems to have improved as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.