Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is at 77k mi (approx). There are some things which haven't been replaced, which I'd rather do before it becomes a problem.

I'm curious if there are any opinions on changing the following:

Clutch
Radiator (looks like the previous owner drove through a golfball storm with the bumper removed).
Spark Plug adapters and/or wires
Anything else which may wear out that isn't commonly known

I appreciate any input

·
Registered
430 Posts
My car is at 77k mi (approx). There are some things which haven't been replaced, which I'd rather do before it becomes a problem.

I'm curious if there are any opinions on changing the following:

Clutch
Radiator (looks like the previous owner drove through a golfball storm with the bumper removed).
Spark Plug adapters and/or wires
Anything else which may wear out that isn't commonly known

I appreciate any input
I don't have a MT but as long as you change your MTF on schedule and are not having slipping/takeup issues, I think you are fine.

LOL I agree the bottom portion of my radiator is exposed to road debris and has taken a beating but as long as it doesn't leak and your temps are good, I'd say leave it. Hoses might be worth changing if they have bubbles or feel stiff

Coils can go bad though I am at nearly twice your mileage and they are still working fine. Again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Might want to change your plugs though if they are still original. Likely they are fine as well

I changed my accessory drive belt at 110K. Tensioner was still in spec but should be changed if it is not - look at the arrow stamped on the top

I swapped my suspension at 105 K even though my car passed the bounce test and the original shocks were not leaking fluid. The car just seemed to wallow more in hard cornering. After the change, handling was much firmer

Get your power steering recall work done

I never figured out if our cars have a mass air flow sensor (MAF) that is accessible for cleaning. I do that on my BMW's once a year. Would be interested if anyone knows about that

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by bristles? Are we talking about a tooth brush?

I did a lot of those changes, thanks for the suggestions. Got the recall, changed plugs, belt, battery, oil, MTF, air/cabin filters....ummmm other stuff.

I was thinking about getting coilovers (Tein CST) to replace current setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts