Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm in the middle of replacing my AC compressor. I'm also replacing the hoses, evaporator core, expansion Valve, and condenser. I have a question in regard to refilling these parts with PAG oil.

The compressor comes with the 5.3 ounces. However, I did find the manual page that says the condenser needs 25ml of oil, the evap core needs 45 ml of PAG oil. Do I just pour the pag oil in the open holes or is it more complicated than that?

The page also says that whenever you replace a hose you should add 10ml of PAG oil. Since I am replacing the whole system, do I just add an extra 10ml to the condenser or compressor to make up for that difference? It doesn't seem like it would make sense to pour PAG oil in the lines themselves.

From what I can tell the new evaporator core does not have oil in it. I tried to drain it briefly to check but there was nothing in there. I've heard new condensers are supposed to come with oil inside them, but I haven't checked that yet.

All help appreciated. Thanks

Rectangle Font Technology Screenshot Number

·
Registered
446 Posts
Those numbers are for separate instances of part replacement. If you are starting with a clean, dry system it’s just total system capacity in the compressor.
The amounts listed is the anticipated amount “settled” in each component after the system has been used.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those numbers are for separate instances of part replacement. If you are starting with a clean, dry system it’s just total system capacity in the compressor.
The amounts listed is the anticipated amount “settled” in each component after the system has been used.
Oh shit. Well I ended up filling up those parts with the selected amount of oil before I saw your post and got it recharged. It's working great so far, but damn. I hope its not enough to damage it.

Interestingly enough the compressor didn't actually come with 5.3 ounces. I drained it to double check and it only had 3.5 ounces or so. I refilled it with fresh oil that came with the kit I bought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts