Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
I love my honda.
537 Posts
haha thanks a lot.

but in all honestly, sorry to anyone I offended. I was just trying to make light of a situation.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
x3

while I still probably wouldn't buy it due to hearing about some fitment issues with nextmods products, I would be way less against the idea. Its not nextmods part that I really have a problem with, it's them just using molds and copying others designs. If they made there own things, thats fine.
Nextmod parts haev no fitment issues. They are the exact copy of the original. I have seen several kits as he is local and there's a fair # of TSX's running that kit and it looks very darn close to original.

What the problem is the material that is made from, its fiberglass and it'll crack/break with any hard impact. In toronto we have winter where the ice chunks and frozen snowbanks can get quite hard and hitting them will surely damage them.

Knock off the replica/original debate as it doesnt below here.

·
TSX fitment Guru
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
i should be getting some pics of the RSX diffuser up relatively soon. it should give a good representation of the final product that will be made for the TSX. They have also informed me that it will not be over $500 shipped :grinno:

·
I love my honda.
537 Posts

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
sure about that?

http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-aerodynamics/31667-nextmod-underspoiler-heating-bending-fiberglass.html

and I understand that this debate doesn't belong here, I already apologized for my remarks. I just didn't want the statement to go unanswered, since there have been documented issues. Feel free to move my post or anything, I'm just saying.
I had a similar issue with the OEM front lip I bought from Heeltoe. Appriate use of 3m will fix that problem.

·
whatever
2,894 Posts
hmmm.... can you explain why this is? I'm not too sure how a diffuser could be reliant on a rear lip of any style.
http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-aerodynamics/11943-m-m-honda-cl7-carbon-etc.html

And yes, it may only fit with the JDM rear Euro R lower lip 03-05.
However, 06pwshhhh somehow has it put with the 06-08 euro r kit, but the J's diffuser looks smaller with the kit.

and ppl please read thru that thread before saying "hey its not J's diffuser, its M&M honda diffuser." :slap: lol just a reminder

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-aerodynamics/11943-m-m-honda-cl7-carbon-etc.html

However, 06pwshhhh somehow has it put with the 06-08 euro r kit, but the J's diffuser looks smaller with the kit.

and ppl please read thru that thread before saying "hey its not J's diffuser, its M&M honda diffuser." :slap: lol just a reminder
You original post was "only works with". You quoted Noel as saying "it may only fit". One is a certainty, the other is a possiblity.

So which is it? I'm aware that without a rear lip, there might be a gap between the bumper and the diffuser. However, I only want to know whether or not it will bolt up.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
sure about that?

http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-aerodynamics/31667-nextmod-underspoiler-heating-bending-fiberglass.html

and I understand that this debate doesn't belong here, I already apologized for my remarks. I just didn't want the statement to go unanswered, since there have been documented issues. Feel free to move my post or anything, I'm just saying.
Honestly, its not much of a gap. I have seen that gap on some of the local tsx rides that have the nextmod kit. Side by side comparison to the oem mugen lip its identical. The only reason why the replica has a bit of a gap at the corner is that it doesnt have the weatherstrip as mentioned by shupershyguy as the oem kit. With some strong tape, you should be able to reduce the gap or getting weatherstripping from supershyguy.

Ians has the real mugen lip and with it being PWP you can clearly see the grey weathering strip/3m tape that came with the lip from Mugen.

Im quite certain that is supershyguy makes a replica J's diffuser, it'll be as good as the others he made. His replicas are some of the better ones i've seen out there.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
Ask him if he can mold it to fit the greddy evo2 so then people would stop complaining.......and for me to use. :)
Even if he makes it, he will not modify the original design. He just makes a mold and makes pieces from it.

Im not sure if the diffuser will fit every kit out there eg. oem kenstyle etc and he wont go around to make different variations.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
sure about that?

i have had three diffrent front lips from next mod and side skirts now for three years and have never had any fitament issues with any of them. The debate will go on forever about Original and replica parts. Problem is one person buys an original for alot of money and hates it when he sees the same part come out thats exactly the same just without the branding. Yes that sucks but you know what some people are brand whores and some people want the best bang for there buck. And if you can get something that does the same exact thing- looks the same- performs the same- fits the same- why would u spend more? for a name? who the hell is gonna know the diffrence besides your wallet and bragging rights? I can see where colts and others come from- they show there cars and authentic parts win trophys. But 95% of us drive our cars daily- elements and whatnot take a toll and you know what we have other bills and thats it. So debate this all you want gentleman- this along with countless other threads has been debated for many years and many times on this board. its never gonna end. Its like republicans and democrats- spaghetti and meatballs- were all gonna have our opinions and thats it.

81 - 100 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.