Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to delete my Exhaust Resonator on my TSX. A simple delete for a cheap price, some weight reduction, and a little more sound. I took it to the local exhaust shop and it cost me $29.05 total and it took less than 30 minutes.

I was expecting more noise, but I am satisfied with how it sounds right now. The only increase in sound is at low RPM's. When you start the car up, and from 1000-2000 RPMs you can hear a low tone to your exhaust, which is nice. Also, it sheds a whopping 5lb. off your car after the new pipe is welded on.

Here is a sound clip of the before and after delete, but the sound quality is not the greatest. My car may sound louder than stock because I have a SRI installed.

The only person who will probably notice it will be yourself, and
maybe the person behind you when driving. Nevertheless, it is a simple modification and was definitely worth it for the little grumble that the exhaust gives out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that clip, I wanted to put it up but I did not know who to credit. Much better quality!

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey im planing on doing this t0 my 05 tsx but had one question for you do u get that dirtbike sound when u step on it..?i dnt want that and thats what I'm afraid.

·
-
1,575 Posts
I deleted the 2nd exhaust resonator years ago and always wish I had deleted both resonators.

Since the 1st Gen TSX has 2 exhaust resonators (the 1st one is round & cylindrical and the 2nd one is short & square) you guys should specify which one you removed.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
I did this on my 05 bc the premuffler kept scraping on speed bumps. I didn't like it at first, it sounded like farts.

I put on an 06 catalytic converter a couple months back and it sounds much better now. Slightly louder and lower stock tone.

So I think stock 04-05 cat with stock premuffler delete doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did this on my 05 bc the premuffler kept scraping on speed bumps. I didn't like it at first, it sounded like farts.

I put on an 06 catalytic converter a couple months back and it sounds much better now. Slightly louder and lower stock tone.

I heard my friends 04 TSX with both resonators removed and I did not like the sound either, it had too much rasp. I guess the cats do make a difference.

·
Registered
365 Posts

I agree with this. I had mine removed ( the oval one) but after I had it on awhile I had a moment of honesty and decided it sounded like crap. So I had it welded back on.

If I were to do it again I'd have spent that money on some obx mufflers and have them welded on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
deleting the resonator...

makes it resonate!

I read up on it and decided to give it a shot, and it sounds terrible and you don't really gain anything out of it. keep it on! I lived with it for a year and I was so happy when I put it back on. I have a 2006 with headers going to a stock exhaust and it sounds great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts