Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im reallly confused.....everyone has taken their resonators off but doesnt that increase the chances of getting water heading up to ur filter???....ive seen pics and its basically an open tube leading up to the filter right? i just need pics and is it possible to remove the whole resonator including that tube and just have the stock air box?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
resonator located right below the air filter box. The connection is at the base of the battery (same level)
yes... if water wants to get in, it is easier, but the water level has to be as high as where the battery is.
That is even higher than the wheel i believe? I believe u won't drive thru a water pot that is that deep or you should buy a boat or submarine, hee...
don't worry, the chance is very unlikely

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to get an Injen CAI soon... I think I need to get the RD model? Is this correct?

Also, regarding the resonator, does installing the intake include removing that? Or, is that just another option? I don't really know what the resonator is in comparison to the intake.

Any help it greatly appreciated!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
There's only one model for the TSX, yes it's the "Race Division" one. While the resonator is part of the OEM air intake system that needs to be removed to fit the new CAI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts