Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
smokeyboi
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I've been reading some threads and alot of guys have been buying depo headlights or from other ebay vendors (fishcake) and just switching over their oem projectors to the aftermarket headlights. I really like the genuine euro r headlight look but don't want to spend that much money on buying a pair (or at least a haven't encounter a used pair for a decent price since they are so popular). I'm going to be installing halo lights onto the oem projectors here shortly and since you already have to bake the headlights to install them anyways I was just going to see about trying to find a pair of clear/blue reflectors and swap out the amber ones. I know a few member have already tackled this (babysarah). I really like the "darker chrome" look to the genuine euro r headlights. Has anyone considered painting/ replacing the chrome plastic oem projectors shrouds to match the edm ones? What are your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i myself am tinting the chrome housing to a black chrome as well as putting a slight tint over the amber. i own a cpg and think this will turn out nice. ill do a photoshoot of this as well as my other parts that ive been stocking soon!

·
smokeyboi
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was refering to the method, not the color. But yes, dupicolor is the prefered way to go with painting the bezels. Let me know how the progress goes bud.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Be wary about how the shadow goes on. Very hard to get it to look even. That's why flat black is the better choice. If you don't get the even look, it makes the job look cheap. If you go too dark, you lose the black chrome effect. Might be less noticeable with a lense over it though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
134 Posts
Be wary about how the shadow goes on. Very hard to get it to look even. That's why flat black is the better choice. If you don't get the even look, it makes the job look cheap. If you go too dark, you lose the black chrome effect. Might be less noticeable with a lense over it though.

my car is going to the shop very soon for a paint refresher for the summer. its going to be a project he is doing professionally with a gun and all...at the same time he is refreshing the outer lense to look new. he only charges 100 for the set to be done.
i would attempt to do on my own but seeing as the car is going in anyways i figured let him have the project. when it comes back i have plenty of parts stored up for my own projects..:)

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Awesome. Definitely would love to have a new clear coat on mine. Looking forward to pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.