Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my starter decided to crap out on me over the weekend last Sunday. Couldn't tow it to any shop for repair since it was Sunday, so I had it towed home. Was going to wait until Monday to tow to a shop for repair but I needed a car, so me and a friend decided to tack on the job. Manage to find a shop with a reman. starter in stock but the place didn't have a intake manifold gasket for it in stock and neither did the other one nearby. It was Sunday so all places closed by 6pm.

Manage to replace the starter in 2 hours but I'm wondering if it was ok to reuse the intake manifold gasket? It's metal and I made sure the engine was cold but the car has over 100k miles. Since it has a coolant line running through the intake manifold, I was worried about any potential overheating problem or leak into the manifold.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Manage to replace the starter in 2 hours but I'm wondering if it was ok to reuse the intake manifold gasket? .
You'll be fine

·
Registered
247 Posts
LOL. I actually did my bachelor's thesis project on those metal gaskets. Ostensibly, they are only a single use gasket, but in reality they can be reused again and again. In my test fixtures, I'd retorqued them dozens of times and they didn't leak at all, even when pressurized up to 30-40 PSI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheap yes, easy to do? Well, that can be subjective.

As long as I don't see any coolant lost problem, I'm just going to leave as is. If I do need to refill coolant, this will be the first thing I'll look at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts