Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway I can get rid of that annoying reverse gear sound? I drive a '12 tsx 6 speed and when I put the car in reverse and let go of the clutch, the sound coming from the engine is so loud and awful.

·
Elitist
280 Posts
Is there anyway I can get rid of that annoying reverse gear sound? I drive a '12 tsx 6 speed and when I put the car in reverse and let go of the clutch, the sound coming from the engine is so loud and awful.
I get that from time to time if I limp wrist the shift. Take it out of gear, come to a full stop, and firmly place it in reverse. Just get into that habit and you should be fine.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
You mean the whine of the actual gear? Reverse gears are straight cut. Straight cut gears are noisy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2012 brand new acura tsx and all i use it for is for work and school, i drive it normal im not a racer or nothing like that, sometimes from 1st to 2nd the clutch grinds a little and lately ive noticed that when releasing the clutch between 1,2,3,4 the car jerks when before it wouldnt, and sometimes when realeasing the clutch in 1st to get moving the rpms drop more than usual and i have to accelerate more than i usually would, what can this be? air in line? adjustment needed? the car is 1 month old only

1 - 5 of 5 Posts