Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
where you get those cree led bulbs from?
besides how it looks, how much light do you actually get onto the ground?
JLC lighting. Got them off a JLC vendor on azine, he's no longer a vendor though. The light output from the TSX in the video is not enhanced, that's how it looks in person.

I paid $35 shipped and took me 3 minutes to install. Maybe others are interested and a group buy can get started. I might actually get a set for the Fit and as a gift to my cousin for his RSX, if the price is nice :)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I also have the Cree lights and they are excellent. I can see a lot better when reversing and its much cheaper and less time consuming than retrofitting hids

·
5,036 Posts
From my experience, I don't like these kind of cree 7440 lights:

These kind of lights only shoots in one direction. This means your reverse housing will not light up, only the light emitted behind. I didn't like this style because I want people to see that I am in reverse and often the best way to know is when the housing is lit up.

So I returned that style and got these:

The standard LEDs placed on the sides gives the reverse housing a light up look. So now I have great coverage directly in the rear and my housing is lit up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
From my experience, I don't like these kind of cree 7440 lights:

These kind of lights only shoots in one direction. This means your reverse housing will not light up, only the light emitted behind. I didn't like this style because I want people to see that I am in reverse and often the best way to know is when the housing is lit up.

So I returned that style and got these:

The standard LEDs placed on the sides gives the reverse housing a light up look. So now I have great coverage directly in the rear and my housing is lit up.
Where do u get those the second picture one

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
5,036 Posts
There's plenty on eBay: 7440 cree | eBay

I suggest buying from people that accepts full refund. They guy I bought mine doesn't have anymore of that type of Cree LED

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Those arebgood but there are even better ones that angle some led backwards so they actually reflect off the reflector... I'll see if i can find them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
5,036 Posts
Those arebgood but there are even better ones that angle some led backwards so they actually reflect off the reflector... I'll see if i can find them

I think the difference is minimal but I could be wrong. Because the LED's aimed at the side has a radius big enough to reach back.

·
1,706 Posts
Well led don't really have a radius... The only send light out in one direction and their spread is not alot and diminishes greatly if away from their degree of output...
So those are good but there are better.. I've been folowog a thread for a long time on hidplanet about reverse light led

·
5,036 Posts
Well led don't really have a radius... The only send light out in one direction and their spread is not alot and diminishes greatly if away from their degree of output...
So those are good but there are better.. I've been folowog a thread for a long time on hidplanet about reverse light led
I'd have to disagree a bit. LED do have a spread and it's in a cone like shape. It's definitely nothing like incandescent but definitely not linear either.

And yes I agree that to an illuminaphile (word?), shooting LED backwards to the housing will emit more housing light. But from what I'm picturing, the difference is minimal because there should be enough light scatter with the side LEDs. Again I won't mind being corrected if I'm wrong.

I would like to see this design though. Definitely didn't come across it when I was searching for reverse cree.

·
1,706 Posts
Ok yes i didn't say or mean linear... I meant their spread is limited to say 120' ... And like you said def not like an incandescent bulbs.

It is possible the Tsx housing will provide enough reflection for those side mounted led to be very effective as the testing being done is not on a Tsx...

Once i get time to get on a computer I'll see if i can get some real.info up.

I've been working on this and tail light led for a while now but its been a slow process sourcing manufacturers...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.