101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
so u think the link i posted would be an ok option,
just for visibility purposes not for looks,
shouldn't burn lens nothing right, descriptions show
LED,
They look pretty bright. I'm not a big fan of ebay bulbs though. I like either LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS or V-LEDS.COM | LED Dome, Map, License Plate, Reverse, DRL, Turn Signal, Brake Lights. v-leds mainly since SBL doesnt have the 5000k white white color.

Check these out:
7443 - 7440 LED - Standard - White LED

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
haha HOLY HELL!!<
$79.99 hah lol,
u got one of these? hah
That's just the top one. There's $30 ones too like on your ebay site. Nah I don't have those. Stock halogen reverse lights. Brighter or not, I don't really like that look. Looks too...unstock. I do have v-led's 5000k white license plate lights though. Looks real sharp.

·
AT MAGIC
303 Posts
i have hid in my reverse for a few years. recently forgot the car in reverse while sitting on fb and waiting for a friend...realized it melted my outer housing. so for you all that want to go hid reverse...dont!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I think the better moral here is: don't forget.
Did that once a long time ago, and since then I never forget to keep reverse on to a minimum.

·
Approved Trade Vendor
184 Posts
There are much better and more reliable LED options out there vs. HID for reverse lights.

Heat alone is a good reason to avoid putting in an HID in the reverse location. We have some incredibly bright LED options for the reverse lights, which I will be posting more information about in the very near future

Nick C.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I tried LED bulbs in the reverse housing and they fell apart after about 2 weeks. I'm back to regular bulbs for now... I don't expect that a legitimately bright and safe option will be viable without spending a crazy amount.

·
Approved Trade Vendor
184 Posts
I tried LED bulbs in the reverse housing and they fell apart after about 2 weeks. I'm back to regular bulbs for now... I don't expect that a legitimately bright and safe option will be viable without spending a crazy amount.
Our HP11 reverse LED's produce 310 measured lumens and work perfectly, with nothing additional required: 2004-2012 Acura TSX Backup LEDs (pair) - TSX - Acura - Bulbs By Vehicle - Lighting

The XP models are the brightest self-contained LEDs in their respective sizes, but might be overkill for most situations IMO

If you have a backup camera, the HP and XP models are a great addition IMO

Nick C.

E

·
0 Posts
D2S Ballasts

I was curious, those D2S ballasts, are those specific to Acura's? I use different ballasts for my HID kit and the male and female connectors on the harnesses have a neon green/yellow rubber part on the male connector. Just wasn't sure if there was a name for the connectors on the harness because my connectors are slightly different; they have an outside slip-lock mech with an exposed tab vs those in your picture which have an internal slip-lock mech. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Going to replace my reverse bulbs (still the stock halogen) with white LEDS. I recently installed all LED's for my brake lights (left, right, high-mount center) from Philips. I've been swapping out stock lighting for LED's for quite some time (years) now and it seems the big names like Philips have made LED drop-in replacements.

I guess they took some time to really research it and get it right, since the replacements come with a very generous warranty. Not to mention the illumination looks just as good as halogen (the throw and spread). The way they are designed work like the housings were meant to spread the light.

What I mean is the LED's don't shine outwards, the shine back towards the housing itself and then the light is projected outwards. This reduces glare significantly and takes advantage of the entire lighting housing.

If you can see, there are 4 LEDs per side and they all shine down toward the base of the bulb. There are actually no leds on top that shine outwards. I can't say for a fact that all of their (Philips) LED's are designed this way but a lot are. Some wedge based and smaller ones do illuminate forward.

I wish they sold a 7440 in white for my reverse (back-up) lights, but I've only found red and I think yellow (so brake & turn).

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
Going to replace my reverse bulbs (still the stock halogen) with white LEDS. I recently installed all LED's for my brake lights (left, right, high-mount center) from Philips. I've been swapping out stock lighting for LED's for quite some time (years) now and it seems the big names like Philips have made LED drop-in replacements.
Thanks for posting this. I'm very interested in replacing mine for LEDs if they are as visible in broad daylight as stock. Any links on where to purchase these?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
101 - 113 of 113 Posts