Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow members I will be reviewing the Maven (Countersunk) Shiftknob made by "Fastline Performance" which can be purchased at Heeltoeauto.

Well I dropped by Heeltoeauto today to get my HT Spec Ver. 2 Installed, and happen to lay my eyes on Fastline Performance's New Countersunk Maven Shiftknob and after I heard what was the difference between the Countersunk and the Standard... I had to have it!

What is the difference you ask, well I already have the Maven Standard shift knob which is the exact same thing but the threading is different. The threading for the "Countersunk" shift knob does not start till 3/4's of a inch inside the knob so it will actually not just sit flush with your shift boot but lower your shifter more than half a inch as well!

I took a few pictures to help you compare the Standard Maven Shiftknob to the New Maven Countersunk Shiftknob:

Bottom Threading Picture:

Side by Side:

Angle:

So after looking at the pictures you can instantly tell the difference between the two shift knobs, and when driving the throws for shifting feel a lot shorter as well. A great mod and it also comes in 3 different finish styles (Aluminum, Black Chrome, & Polished). I myself went with the the Aluminum to go w/ the rest of the Black and Aluminum interior.

So there you have it my review on the New Maven Countersunk Shift knob, encase you guys would like to purchase any of the Maven knobs posted in the pictures above here is the link:

Standard Maven Shiftknob:

Maven Shift Knob by Fastline Performance, Honda/Acura Manual Transmission 10x1.5 - Brand: Fastline Performance - HeelToe Automotive

Countersunk Maven Shiftknob:

Maven Countersunk Shift Knob by Fastline Performance, Honda/Acura Manual Transmission 10x1.5 - Brand: Fastline Performance - HeelToe Automotive

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This shift knob looks awesome. I like the low look/shape and the weight. I might splurge and get this.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Got mine a day ago. Can't wait to complete my swap and use it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
for those of you who have A/T TSXs:

we can't get a countersunk Maven SS Knob as there's no point to it, but we can get Maven SS Knobs. And they look just as good!

·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, looks good Jay! :tu:
:)

This shift knob looks awesome. I like the low look/shape and the weight. I might splurge and get this.
Do it!

Got mine a day ago. Can't wait to complete my swap and use it.
:thumbsup:

for those of you who have A/T TSXs:

we can't get a countersunk Maven SS Knob as there's no point to it, but we can get Maven SS Knobs. And they look just as good!

Niceee, yes to all the AT owners there is also a Standard AT Maven knob out as well.

·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. Would anyone even want the standard one now that there's a countersunk one?
Yes for the people looking to upgrade their shiftknob to a noticeably heavier shfitknob and still keep the OEM height and feel to it.

So Fastline Performance will still keep offering both Standard and Countersunk versions.

That looks good! Added onto my "to do" list.
Great!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Any pics of what the black anodized aluminum looks? I'm just a bit concerned about using this knob in the winter..

·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot to mention on the info that the Maven Shiftknobs are 2x Heavier than the OEM Honda/Acura shift knob!

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
That shift looks awesome, but I'm weary of all metal shift knobs after having one for 5 years. They get hot as hell in the summer (especially in sunlight) and cold as shit in the winter (can't avoid that one unless you wear gloves). It was still worth the style to me, but I dunno now. I would certainly consider a more OEM one with partial leather.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
On a side note, (and since is pertinent to this thread) anyone know where I can find a small sticker (like a 2cm by 2cm) that shows the H pattern/layout of our 6 speed transmission? maven knobs don't outline the gear sequence.

Like a sticker that looks like this:

1 3 5
|-|-|--i
2 4 6 R

I know it sounds stupid, but I would like one to place near the shifter so that in the event that a stranger has to drive my car, doesn't screw up..I guess this is more a pressing issue for cars with a 5 speed lol

Plus it'll look cool placing it near my shifter! ::embarassed::

I tried googling, I gave up..

·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a side note, (and since is pertinent to this thread) anyone know where I can find a small sticker (like a 2cm by 2cm) that shows the H pattern/layout of our 6 speed transmission? maven knobs don't outline the gear sequence.

Like a sticker that looks like this:

1 3 5
|-|-|--i
2 4 6 R

I know it sounds stupid, but I would like one to place near the shifter so that in the event that a stranger has to drive my car, doesn't screw up..I guess this is more a pressing issue for cars with a 5 speed lol

Plus it'll look cool placing it near my shifter! ::embarassed::

I tried googling, I gave up..
I would just search Ebay and buy one of those cheap shift knobs that comes w/ the sticker and go from there.

Not sure if they sell those stickers separately.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Review/ First HT transaction experience

Maven SS CS knob review: This review may be long for such a small item/object but I like to be thorough for others who are thinking of this item and I guess I have an attention to detail and appreciate it when others do as well.

My CS Maven shift knob came in today! I have never worked with a vendor/online purchase that shipped so quick. I chose the standard shipping which was supposed to be 3-5 days so naturally I figured it would come in around Wednesday if the shipping company started processing on Friday(I put my order in Thursday) since I live on the otherside of the country. I was definitely surprised to see it come in today, a Saturday at that! Usually some shipping companies charge extra for a package to be delivered on a weekend or they just hold it until Monday. Now this may have just been great luck and may not apply to everyone but I am very happy with the delivery.

When I'm doing my daily driving cruises I like to have my elbow rested on the arm rest. The stock knob felt a little bit high when I had my elbow/arm on the center rest- not much but still not where I would like it. At first I was scared the CS Maven knob was going to sit too low and I would have to stop using the elbow rest. Once installed, it sits perfectly for me. No gap in the boot anymore like the stock knob!

Shifting effort is a notch more positive going into the gates. I was just hoping the extra weight of the knob would counteract any negative shifting effort from the countersunk knob but it actually improves shifting slightly.

Not sure if you would consider this a negative, I guess this is more of a note for potential other buyers- from all the online pictures, the knob looks to me like it would have a substantially larger top diameter of the knob than the stock knob. It may be a little bit bigger but not as big as I thought to be.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

The license plate frame looks great too Marcus :thumbsup: , thanks again! This is my first transaction with HeelToe and from all of the online praises from members, I see that they aren't empty and without cause. I'm sure I will be doing many other orders with HeelToe in the future.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
ok so i'm gonna go ahead and ask the stupid question (even before getting it)..

How do you install it? Just unscrew old knob and screw? Do I need to touch that black nut sitting above the shift boot (scared to scratch it up with pliers, might use a microfiber around it).

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts