Acura TSX Forum banner

Review: *New* Maven Countersunk Shift Knob

9K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  awoc 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow members I will be reviewing the Maven (Countersunk) Shiftknob made by "Fastline Performance" which can be purchased at Heeltoeauto.

Well I dropped by Heeltoeauto today to get my HT Spec Ver. 2 Installed, and happen to lay my eyes on Fastline Performance's New Countersunk Maven Shiftknob and after I heard what was the difference between the Countersunk and the Standard... I had to have it!

What is the difference you ask, well I already have the Maven Standard shift knob which is the exact same thing but the threading is different. The threading for the "Countersunk" shift knob does not start till 3/4's of a inch inside the knob so it will actually not just sit flush with your shift boot but lower your shifter more than half a inch as well!

I took a few pictures to help you compare the Standard Maven Shiftknob to the New Maven Countersunk Shiftknob:

Bottom Threading Picture:

Side by Side:

Angle:

So after looking at the pictures you can instantly tell the difference between the two shift knobs, and when driving the throws for shifting feel a lot shorter as well. A great mod and it also comes in 3 different finish styles (Aluminum, Black Chrome, & Polished). I myself went with the the Aluminum to go w/ the rest of the Black and Aluminum interior.

So there you have it my review on the New Maven Countersunk Shift knob, encase you guys would like to purchase any of the Maven knobs posted in the pictures above here is the link:

Standard Maven Shiftknob:

Maven Shift Knob by Fastline Performance, Honda/Acura Manual Transmission 10x1.5 - Brand: Fastline Performance - HeelToe Automotive

Countersunk Maven Shiftknob:

Maven Countersunk Shift Knob by Fastline Performance, Honda/Acura Manual Transmission 10x1.5 - Brand: Fastline Performance - HeelToe Automotive

See less See more
#10 ·
100% Agreed.

Bout time to see these finally released, I have been waiting for the CS to release to replace my oem knob.
:thumbsup:

nice review! it looks like the shift knob finally learned how to properly put on his T-Shirt. :D
Thanks Lee, there is also a way to make the Standard Maven knob flush with the booth as well. You just have to use eletrical tape so the boot wont sag down.. thats what I did. Reason I removed it for the pictures bc I wanted to show how much lower the Countersunk version drops the knob placement.

wow that sits really nice. Any pics of what the black anodized aluminum looks? I'm just a bit concerned about using this knob in the winter..
Black Chrome

Anodized Black

So are you a fan of the shorter feel now?
Your right awoc good call, the shorter shifter feels great! I suggest your try the countersunk shift knob before changing your whole shifter to see if you like it.

Looks much better than before.
:thumbsup:

There is also a way to make the Standard Maven knob flush with the booth as well. You just have to use eletrical tape so the boot wont sag down.. thats what I did. Reason I removed it for the pictures bc I wanted to show how much lower the Countersunk version drops the knob placement.

#12 ·
I have the previous-gen (non-CS) Maven knob from Heeltoe. It's FANTASTIC. It doesn't even come with that collar thing and I think the collar looks rediculous anyhow. I used the electrical-tape trick, under the boot, to prop the boot up. THen when you turn the shift knob down tight it compresses the tape and makes the knob sit perfectly flush with the boot - no rattling, no gap. Perfect.
And in stainless steel it's great as it's very heavy (1.04lbs as stated), not too hot in the summer heat, and not too cold in the depths of winter, even here in Ottawa, Ontario!

One of the nicest mods for form AND function that you can do for the interior of the car, IMO!

#13 ·
I wonder if they can make a titanium version. If so it might be my shiftknob once I get the MT swap done.

#15 ·
Interesting idea J, I'll run it with Marcus and see what he thinks.

now THAT's a great idea. I'm torn between the current options..I'm leaning towards SS to match the interior trim out of these options, but this hurts plans of redoing the interior trim with that CF wrap
2K6 if I were to do the CF wrap trim I would compliment it with the Black Chrome finish or the Anodized black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.