Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just thought that there would be people in the future looking for such opinions and feedback regarding the above mentioned setups. Just thought that I would share my experience with the parts.

My needs - Im not a hardcore racer who just wants all-out performance without worrying about the compromise with comfort for family, friends and fiance. My car is a daily, so besides satisfying my needs for good handling, comfort is also quite important. I wanted to change to the Flex as the rears did not go as low as I desired on the SS. I did not want to compromise handling by going too low on the SS at the rears.

Coilover specs I had JDM Tein SS which had springs rates of 8F and 4R. The USDM Tein Flex i have just installed are 14F and 8R.

Impresssion I was going to order the N+ given the excellent price tag of the product. I just thought the spring rates were maybe a bit soft (as with my SS) and just wanted to stick with Tein since its worked well for me thus far.

Given the higher spring rates, I had always been skeptical regarding the comfort compromise with the flex. However, to my very very pleasant suprise, the comfort is about 90% of the SS (Flex dampers set at about half way, similarly on my SS setup). I honestly could not tell the difference with comfort on with smoothe (obviously..) or on bumpier roads either. I could feel speed humps a bit more but nothing but about 10-20% more than the SS.

The Flex has superb handling and the comfort is SUPERB!! Body roll has improved noticeably, and the car feels more flat during and coming out of turns.
It has been sooo much better than what i had anticipated particularly with comfort. Handling has improved remarkably, without going overly stupid and fast going into the turns, the car handles like its on rails compared to the SS (which werent that bad).

I got the coilovers from Heeltoe auto, great service from Marcus as usual. :thumbsup: There was a delay with Tein USA as they were on back-order. Waited for about 2 months, but every minute of the wait for worth it!!
I could not be happier with the coilover selection which had taken much research and brainstorming. Always thought that comfort would be reduced profoundly, but to my astonishment (as mentioned many times before), it hadnt! :ben:

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Good review, I myself have Tein SS and its pretty good but I do miss the comfort so I'm switching to Tein Comfort soon.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great review...did your coils come set up for install with factory specs or did you have to spec them first?

CL7-R
CL7-R, it was factory spec. I just needed the basics :)

Good review, I myself have Tein SS and its pretty good but I do miss the comfort so I'm switching to Tein Comfort soon.
I guess different people have different expectations with comfort. The SS were very close to stock imo. Should also look into the N+, I havent driven or sat in one personally, but have heard that its more comfortably than the SS if you decide to lower the car more than spec (less than 2 finger gap I would imagine...?.)

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys. Its a very basic review that i just thought would be a good idea for other peoples reference. Now that I have gone about 1/3in lower at front and to no gap in the rear, im starting to bottom out slightly at shorter and higher speed bumps. Gotta now learn to drive the car when its just that little bit lower now lol

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Thanks for the review, im suprised because I thought the SS was suppose to be a little bit stiffer compared to stock. I thought the Mono were suppose to be as smooth as stock if not better. but I guess the SS isnt that bad either with better handling and as good as stock. makes me leaning towards the SS now..

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
Get them there awesome. Never felt such a flat ride with no bounce at all like the ss have. SS are great but these are just better. You really dont feel to many bumps at all.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just a quick update after having driven the car for a week now. I absolutely love the new setup with the flex! It works great for me. My fiance, parents and brother have all said that in general, the ride comfort is almost the same as the SS, which were quite comfortable. My brother also noticed a significant improvement to handling over the SS...bring on more twisties!!

If i had to rate the coilovers ride etc on my own scale:

comfort = 8.5/10
handling =9/10
price = 7/10
how much i love the product overall = 15/10!! haha :tardsmash

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Nice review. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts