Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, thought you would be interested to see my build up of my 2006 Accord Type S.

Below is progress posts from another forum, so you can see how I got to the stage I am at now. (sorry if it doesn't make sense some of it, it's a mix of different posts)

The car modding game starts again. As some of you know I had a DC5 for a couple of years after the BuddyClub EK Coupe got broken for parts :( (Tom Bowman, is keeping the legacy going by buying my old bodykit though, so not all bad)

The problem with the DC5 was that it was an expensive rare breed, that I was afraid to mod, due to it's expense and my worry of me ******* it up!

Now that I managed to sell the DC5, I had £6500 cash ready to spend on a new project....

Looks good just sitting there don't it haha :p

My mum bought a facelift Accord Type S (K20 - 155hp version) back in 2007, and was selling up due to needing a new car (surprisingly the new 8th gen Accord, woop!). She's a '56 plate, with 65k, FSH, it has the half leather interior and the optional built-in satnav premium sound system :nod:

She then made me an offer I couldn't refuse...

"We'll sell it at a family deal for you Stephen..."

"Oh really? What's that mum?"

"£3500!"

"SOLD!!" :D

Here's a picture of her a couple of years ago, sorry I should of taken one before I started the build, but never thought. :(

So anyway, onto the build, I have decided on a low and slow approach, considering it's not exactly track spec and more eco spec cruiser. I am going to keep it that way.

Here are the planned mods so far...

Rota Grid Drifts in Hyper Black (18x9.5 ET30)
BC Racing BR Type Coilovers
Falken ZIEX-912 235/40/18
Muteki SR48 Neo-Chrome Lug nuts
Rolled arches and flared to fit the silly wide wheels
12k Dipped Beam HIDs
DICE Electronics Duo OEM-iPod Integration kit

Future plans...
Rear Lip Spolier
Twin Exhast setup
Rear Window Spoiler
Mugen Window Deflectors
Tinted windows
Respray the front bumper
Colour code the rear parking sensors
Better audio

The Parts (pictured)

Rota Grid Drifts in Hyper Black (18x9.5 ET30)

Falken ZIEX-912 235/40/18

BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

DICE Electronics Duo OEM-iPod Integration kit

These are all the parts I have so far. Still waiting on lug nuts being delivered and need to get the tyres fitted this week. Dan from ArchEnemy is coming to roll and flare my arches on Saturday so I can fit my wheels.

So far I have fitted the coilovers, check out the pics below...

Test height, pulled one of the inner arch lining clips as soon as we turned the wheels, so we raised it slightly...

The final height, looks so so good! :D

Then we had fun test fitting the new wheels without the tyres to check the clearance, looks like [email protected] is going to be having a long Saturday haha!

Update! These arrived today! They look mega! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Continued....

Just bit the bullet and spent £300 on these... FML! Really didn't want to, but I reckon it's gonna be stupid to spend all that money and not have these too.

Installed my 8000k Slimline HIDs last night, temp fitted the ballasts with cable ties for now, until I get some double-sided sticky pads.

Hard to see the detail of a headlight because of the glare, but they look awesome coming through the projectors! :nod:

Excuse the messy garage, half of the s**** is my dads haha

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay. I have spent most of the weekend sorting my car out, trying to get it setup. However, I am missing a few parts to allow me to get it 100%, but I'll go into that later. Lets carry on with the build...

Loaded up the Accord full of wheels and tyres!

Guys at Revs in Horsham, made the job look effortless! :)

Just a mild stretch, perfect! :)

Now to test fit them on the car, before Dan from Arch Enemy comes. Thought I would try the rears first, as I was hoping for no camber kit to be needed. Couldn't lower the jack all the way with this one haha...

Defo needs a lip roll! lol

To be continued....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Continued from previous quote....

So then the next day, bright and early and already melting! Dan comes round and gets to work on the arch work. We thought we would test the fronts, as they would be the worst. Here they are...

Then he cracked on, with nothing but a bottle of water he mission'd it all morning and afternoon until about 2pm. Awesome job!

He has to trim a fair bit of inner arch to make them fit though, all nicely modified and secured properly :nod:

Here's the rears after he was finished, looks awesome! :)

Then here is a few with the whole car complete! Still need more camber on the front, and I am going to order the Ingalls Camber & Toe rear alignment kit too. A few more tweaks and we will be there. At the moment it scrubs like ****, and is only a 2 seater because of it haha :p

Enjoy... ;)

On better news, I have just ordered this from Hond-R :nod:

Ingalls Rear Camber & Toe Adjustment Kit
Thanks for reading! I will now keep this thread updated with the progress. Next to fix is the rear leading arm bush on the knuckle, as this is what I did below, bit of an idiot really haha

While installing the coilovers on the rear, to get the standard shock out, you need to remove a couple of the link arms. However, the one we wanted to remove had a seized bolt. But me not thinking straight, decided to keep pushing. What was happening was the bolt was binding to the bushes metal sleeve, so when I was turning the bolt it was turning the bush. But being tired, I wasn't really paying attention and carried on turning, and BAM! Snapped rubber bush. Now it knocks when driving over rough surfaces. - I phone Honda to see if I could get a replacement bush, and it turns out its part of the main hub casing assembly and you can't just buy a new bush. You need to buy the whole assembly (which is bare, so you would need to rebuild it all too), but that costs £250 + VAT!!! ARGH! I am so pissed off! I don't know what to do?!? :(
I have sourced a new knuckle and hub off an estate Accord for £40, pretty good result! :)

Front camber kit is arriving this week and rear camber and toe adjustment kit is arriving next week. Due to rear toe been thrown out so much, the car is currently a two seater as it scrubs really bad at the moment.

Hope you like people! :)

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
looks nice mate!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks people! Stay tuned for more updates! ;)

damn thats looking good my fellow UK'er :)

so that a 2.0? is that not a CL7?
Thanks mate :) - Nah, it's not a Euro R. It's a 2006 CL9 Facelift Type S. The facelift Type S came with 2 engine options, the K24 and the K20. :)

hmm let me know how the 235's work out after the camber kit!
Will do man, will have updates this week! (for the fronts) and the rears will be done next week :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As I said there is a CL9 K20 & K24. It's an facelift engine option they had when you bought from the showroom.

From Wikipedia..

K20Z2
Found in:
2006- Acura CSX (Canada)
2006- Honda Civic (JDM)
2006- Honda Accord (Europe)
Displacement: 1,998 cc (121.9 cu in)
Compression: 9.6:1
Bore x Stroke: 86 mm x 86 mm
Power: 155 hp (114 kW) @ 6000 rpm (SAE net J1349 Rev 8/04)
Torque: 139 lb·ft (188 N·m) @ 4500 rpm
Redline: 6800 rpm

·
Registered
721 Posts
As I said there is a CL9 K20 & K24. It's an facelift engine option they had when you bought from the showroom.

From Wikipedia..

K20Z2
Found in:
2006- Acura CSX (Canada)
2006- Honda Civic (JDM)
2006- Honda Accord (Europe)
Displacement: 1,998 cc (121.9 cu in)
Compression: 9.6:1
Bore x Stroke: 86 mm x 86 mm
Power: 155 hp (114 kW) @ 6000 rpm (SAE net J1349 Rev 8/04)
Torque: 139 lb·ft (188 N·m) @ 4500 rpm
Redline: 6800 rpm

well one way to check is read the plaque under your bonnet ;)

or in the passenger corner of the windscreen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update! :D - Hond-R (tuning company here in the UK) kindly sent me across my Skunk2 Pro-Series Front Camber Arms...WOOP!

Will be fitting these tonight! Will update with pictures asap! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Camber kit fitted! Really sorry, but I forget to get a pic of the camber arm installed, it was getting quite late and the misses was complaining I wasn't in bed yet haha :p

The camber kit is set at max, wish it would tuck more, but saying that it probably will once I start driving. I have literally just dropped the car to the floor, so it won't have settled yet I guess :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts