Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I just ordered my H&R Coilovers 2 weeks ago and I "HOPE" they'll be here soon. I'm deciding on my ride height at the moment. My car is a daily and I drive it EVERYWHERE, even to the states. I do have a Euro R lip kit on. What ride height do you guys suggest for our horrible roads downtown / midtown Toronto? I'm thinking of lowering to about 1 finger gap all around. Any of you scrape on bumps / potholes like that?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Lower it as much as you want. Just get used to dodging potholes, going up inclines at an angle and slower, taking it easy over speed bumps and getting into driveways, etc. You will scrape the corners of your lip if you lower it substantially - it's inevitable. Some have used a door trim or door guard product on the underside of the lip to protect the paint from scraping off, chipping or scratching.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
You can go as low as 2" while driving downtown, make you have to make sure you set your preloads properly so you dont constantly bottom out.

I had my car a bit more than 2" and I had no major problems driving down there... you just have to be picky on which parking lot you choose because the curb is quite steep down there.

·
Officially a Whiner
983 Posts
Ive been driving my car downtown, snow, ice, offroad, through forests,etc. Running zero finger gap, and with Mugen bumpers over the past 4 years. Milan is right, you will scrape, and you will have to learn to go slow in certain situations, but you will be fine. As long as your lip is authentic, I think you will be ok. enjoy your new coils!

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts
I think the ride height you are thinking of going with will be more than fine. Its when you start tucking half a tire is when you really gotta watch where you go and those damn driveways and steep inclines.

The roads downtown are terrible!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Some have used a door trim or door guard product on the underside of the lip to protect the paint from scraping off, chipping or scratching.
That's an interesting idea..do you have any pics or names of products used? I woudln't mind a protective layer under my front lip

I'm lowered to around 1 finger gap all around..jawlee FYI I'm quite a bit lower than when you saw my car. I haven't had any issues but I do avoid pot holes/big inclines. I wanted to go a bit lower but it's too much work and will make me even more paranoid

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
i'm about 3-3.5" all around. it depends on if you have a kit on your car or not.

but hey, no matter what.. you WILL scrape. you just gotta get used to it.
at 2-2.5" i was scraping randomly, then i went down a little lower.. oh man, do i see some hefty paint chips flying off my bumper lol. My lip kit is almost shaved now :p

my POINT is... if you're going to slam.. you gotta re-plan your whole lifestyle.. say goodbye to going in to alot of tim hortons. lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!
I think i'm going to go with 1 finger all around then... I'd like to go no finger gap but my work parking is ohhhhh ever so steep... you do a u-turn on a ramp. I've kinda did a test and even at stock height right now i only have about four fingers clearance from my lip. I'm sure my exhaust is gonna be scraping but meh...

I called Speedstar today... the coils won't be here until Mid May =(

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hey guys,
So I just ordered my H&R Coilovers 2 weeks ago and I "HOPE" they'll be here soon.
So you also got the H&R's coils eh, your gonna love them. I have mine set to 1 finger gap for the rear and just tucked in for the front.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you also got the H&R's coils eh, your gonna love them. I have mine set to 1 finger gap for the rear and just tucked in for the front.
seriously eh??
Do you have a pic?? and specs??
i wanna see approximately how low it sits.

·
Registered
85 Posts
as my age increase, unfortunately so does my ride height.

A 1-2 finger wheel gap, or whatever it takes to make the gap even with the tire all around is good enough for me. I drive my wife's car now mostly and love the fact I don't have to worry about anything lol

As Fabfive mentioned, it's when you tuck'a'ton'of'tire is when you have to be careful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts