Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Recently bought a 2011 TSX Tech, and I am immediately impressed with the acceleration from the 4 cylinder. It's not a TypeS so I'm not looking to tune it but I am considering lowering it and putting larger Alloys on. Suggestions: Coils or Bags? If I go coils how low should I go to close the gap? Not looking be completely flush but a more fitted look I think would work well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Since you're not even looking for a completely flush look, you're likely not even considering tucking rim. With this in mind, bags are out of the question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not totally opposed to tucking. I was kinda hoping to get bags due to not only the aesthetics but the ride also. The only thing I know I cant do is completely dump the vehicle and have it fixed there. This TSX will still be my daily. I just want it looking its best.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't know if this is still the case, but I see a lot of guys end up stranded because their bags malfunctioned. So, I'm led to believe that bags are a less reliable option than your tried-and-true coilover system.

You could always get a coilover system and set the stiffness to softest all around if you're worried about the stiffness. But then again with coilovers, you lose the ability to quite literally change the ride height at your fingertips.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I'm not totally opposed to tucking. I was kinda hoping to get bags due to not only the aesthetics but the ride also. The only thing I know I cant do is completely dump the vehicle and have it fixed there. This TSX will still be my daily. I just want it looking its best.
Have you ever been in a car with bags? They ride like crap to be honest...

To do bags correctly, you will throwing a few thousand at the car. You can get a really high quality set of coils for much less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The verdict really seems to be out about bags. I've heard a few stories on both ends. I actually was searching for warranties for them and came accross an accuair manual and it read that if you have accuair do the install then it's lifetime as long as it is a genuine malfunction (wear and tear ect.) but anything damaged due to significant event would be up to the discretion of accuair. I've also hear that the customization of the bags allows for a better ride in different situations. I'm all for getting what you pay for and while I dont like wasting money I will pay for a quality product if it's practical. I just recently got rid of my 325i I drove for 5 years. With a sports suspension it was great in the corners dispite the rough ride on uneven surfaces. I miss that steering but what I dont miss are the repair costs of a car less than 10 years with more than 175k on the odo. No telling what I'll do but you two definitely have brought some good insite. I'll keep searching.

Also. My TSX is white with chrome trim. I wanted to replace the grill with a black one and switch the emblems out for black as well. I haven't found a solid aftermarket site with anything close to that. Recommendations there are any? THANKS!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
The verdict really seems to be out about bags. I've heard a few stories on both ends. I actually was searching for warranties for them and came accross an accuair manual and it read that if you have accuair do the install then it's lifetime as long as it is a genuine malfunction (wear and tear ect.) but anything damaged due to significant event would be up to the discretion of accuair. I've also hear that the customization of the bags allows for a better ride in different situations. I'm all for getting what you pay for and while I dont like wasting money I will pay for a quality product if it's practical. I just recently got rid of my 325i I drove for 5 years. With a sports suspension it was great in the corners dispite the rough ride on uneven surfaces. I miss that steering but what I dont miss are the repair costs of a car less than 10 years with more than 175k on the odo. No telling what I'll do but you two definitely have brought some good insite. I'll keep searching.

Also. My TSX is white with chrome trim. I wanted to replace the grill with a black one and switch the emblems out for black as well. I haven't found a solid aftermarket site with anything close to that. Recommendations there are any? THANKS!
If you are gonna shell the cash for an accuair system then go for it. That is one of, if not the best on the market.

Personally I dont think most BMWs ride very well so I wouldnt compare it to coils or other suspensions. If you know anyone with a TSX/TL/Accord with coils or bags ask if you can go for a ride with them :) Thats the best way to find out what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts